Baptistpreach's 1436 Monark -100% 8/14

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All your pictures are awesome. Livewell came out great. Thanks for posting your build for everyone to admire!

how big is your livewell tank? i was going to use a 70 qt ice chest, but reading russ010 post it might not be big enough if i catch some big fish.

My livewell is 90 quart if I remember correctly (22.5 gallon). I'd say its plenty big enough for a 14ft. jon boat. I've had 25 crappie in it, and it wasn't even half full of water, or even close to "crowded". I'm guessing if I got into some 6-10lb catfish, I'd be in trouble, but that's a good trouble to be in!

NICE conversion! Gave me some ideas.. Looks like you had a little helper at times. That's great!..

Hey did you ever get Darth Vader to run?

Yes, I got Vader running, I guess I just needed to use the force - or a guy who knew what he was doing :). A friend took it apart and found out that the coils were hooked up wrong and a few other small things, and it runs now! I haven't taken it out with the outboard yet, but its on the To Do list!

baptistpreach said:
Yes, I got Vader running, I guess I just needed to use the force - or a guy who knew what he was doing :). A friend took it apart and found out that the coils were hooked up wrong and a few other small things, and it runs now! I haven't taken it out with the outboard yet, but its on the To Do list!

Make sure to take some pics while you are on the water..

Reading this thread killed my productivity at work this afternoon, but I have to say you did an awesome job. It will definitely be a good reference for when I start work on mine.

Glad to help with my own "economic stimulus" (keeping you productive at work) . All I have left is to put on the lettering... i just gotta do it and then I'll be 100%

Wow that is an incredible jon boat you have there!!!! I just bought a 1975 1436 monark. I am wanting to do a lot of work to it. Took it out the other day and doesn't seem to have any leaks. How sturdy is yours after you added the high decking on it? I want to do the decking idea and make plenty of storage on it, but just want to make sure it doesn't make it really unstable. I am a big guy 6'1 265lbs. What year is your monark? My aluminum seems to be pretty thin on mine, how about yours. Sorry for all the questions lol just excited about getting started. Also if you could, do you think you could give me a ballpark estimate of what that entire project cost you.

I just read this thread from start to finish and I got to tell you, you did a fantastic job!!!
fing10.gif

Considering you are one of my tin boat "heroes", that means the world to me, thanks so much, and thanks for the help you gave me a while back on the painting.

I finally got the motivation to put my letters on. The only thing I didn't finish was putting the name of the boat on one side. Side note - Long names like... Visitation .... present unique challenges when trying to avoid the rivets!

A few other details, I got these stickers done at my local printing shop, but they were a lot cheaper than any of the local places I checked. All in all, I spent $32 for the 2 logos, 2 registration numbers, and 2 "Visitation"s. I went with Maroon for obvious reasons, and I used a Batman Forever font that just looked awesome to me. I also opted to get my sticker done as SeaArk instead of MonArk since MonArk is now called SeaArk, and I thought it might help the curb appeal if I ever decide to sell
I also have a SeaArk sticker that is done in black instead of maroon I probably will put on the trailer as well.

Attachments

• DSC04742 (Small).JPG
    DSC04742 (Small).JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 2,196
  • DSC04736 (Small).JPG
    DSC04736 (Small).JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 2,196
  • DSC04724 (Small).JPG
    DSC04724 (Small).JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 2,196
  • DSC04729 (Small).JPG
    DSC04729 (Small).JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 2,196
Very nice boat. I'm curious how the paint is holding up on the boat and on the seats, since it's been a little while now!