Bass Fishing on Mill Creek Lake in Illinois

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honers

Reaction score
Well i finally made it back...been away from TinBoats for awhile and do apologize...sure missed all the good information one can get from this website...speaking of information....

Heading down to Mill Creek the 3rd week of April...having a company bass tourney....the first of a kind....and i'm a little new at a possible pre-spawn fishing trip...anyone have any ideas as to what i can throw at em....now all last year i became real confident in using the fluke or super fluke but got a feeling this time of year that bait just wont cut it....

looking for some ideas as to what to throw along with maybe some good spots down there if there's anyone who may of fished that lake before....

of course i'm taking a little time to get me some crappie fishing in...love those paper mouths...

hope to get a pic to add on to the growing lists of first fish of the year i noticed on another post in this particular forum...

a belated welcome back.

I don't know anything about the lake, but if it will be primarily in prespawn (or postspawn for that matter) patterns, I'd try to get a topo of the lake (if you've never fished it) and locate some likely spawning areas, and fish them out to deeper water with worms, jigs, crankbaits, and a swimbait (so you can enter our swimbait tourney here :D )

Good luck!

thanks Brine...have fished it one time....thinking it was late summer....super fluke was the thing....it should be pre-spawn....water temps i'm guessing in the mid to upper 40's....

looking forward to the fun....tks again for some well needed advise

Never been at Mill Creek Lake but here in central Illinois during march and april the key for me is to locate bait fish hanging close to drop offs and old creek channels, this time of the year I find bass almost following the bait fish in schools. And then to fish slower then slow with solf plastics and crankbaits(shad color) I fish slow and erratic.

Latest posts