Bass Tracker, first boat, first mods, and learned alot!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traybore

Reaction score
I have learned a lot since purchasing this boat in not so great condition for $1000. Motor was fine lucky for me. You guys on this forum have been very helpful, and I have learned a lot from you. So thank you very much! While there is still plenty to do, she is in much better shape and setup just how I like it for now. So enjoy the before and after pics. Believe it or not I took it out on the lake a couple times in its original condition. I fell through the old floor in a couple places, and never could get it over 8MPH... :) Now I can stand anywhere I want, and run at 26-32MPH depending on load.

Attachments

• IMAG0034.jpg
    IMAG0034.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 632
  • IMAG0035.jpg
    IMAG0035.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 632
  • IMAG0107.jpg
    IMAG0107.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 632
  • IMAG0110.jpg
    IMAG0110.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 632
  • IMAG0112.jpg
    IMAG0112.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 632
Lol, well, I got it July last year, so almost a year. And more time/money than I care to think about. Most of the time was spent trying one thing and then another until I was pretty sure I knew what I wanted. Only took a couple weeks to button it all down afterwords. Outside still needs attention and steel flex, and Im surprised the trailer still rolls, but one thing at a time.

I started on my trailer first. Got it finished last week. I am starting the process of repairing the hull this weekend. I have read a lot about the steel flex. I am still unsure what it actually does.

What type of boat do you have? My understanding is steel flex helps seal the rivets and gives a little bit of protection in case you hit something. Although to be honest, mine is a 1979 bass tracker, and even though the bottom has plenty of dents, it does not leak a drop.

Just looked at your thread. That's a big tin. Good luck on the build! Its a lot of work as Im sure you know, to me its almost as fun to fix/build it as it is to use it.

I'm enjoying it. But this is my first boat as an adult. And my first restore.

As a kid anytime my boat had a problem my grandpa or dad would take care of any issues. Plus the little Jon I had back then didn't even have a real power head on it.

This dude has all kinds of issues. I need help with the steps for the bottom of the hull.