Bilge pump ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanleavens

Reaction score
Going to start a mod soon , still researching and planning ! I have read that a lot of people add a blue pump to the boat , is this necessary and or what is the advantage of them ?

Necessary, no, convenient, yes. And in some situations, it could possibly prevent your boat from getting swamped I guess. If you get caught in a heavy rain or water starts splashing over the bow or sides for what ever reason, you'd probably like to have one installed though.

If you're going to put a low standing deck in the bottom of the vessel, I'd say a bilge pump is a requirement. How many GPM is a mater of personal choice and budget constraints.

Otherwise, you're stuck with flipping up the floor or making hatches in it so you can get a bail bucket or bailing pump in there for when you take on water.

And sooner or later, for one reason or another, you will take on some water......

Thanks for the advice guys ! I going to put one in , I figure better now than later ! I assume I connect to the existing drain hole ?

bryanleavens said:
Thanks for the advice guys ! I going to put one in , I figure better now than later ! I assume I connect to the existing drain hole ?

Nope.

Outlet needs to be above waterline otherwise it turns into an "inlet" instead of an "outlet" when the pump isn't running....

Latest posts