Boat is officially done, Lot's of pic's *Updated*

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BaitCaster said:
Nice job! She looks like a warship in that grey paint!
That's what I was thinking, I love it! You should change her to the U.S.S Get You Some and maybe add on an a harpoon :)

HOUSE said:
You should change her to the U.S.S Get You Some and maybe add on an a harpoon :)

Definitely!

Looks very good. Did an awesome job. Paint turned out nice. Now if it only had an FL reg # :mrgreen:

When do you plan on putting it in? Condition of the outboard?

Chris wanna do the U.S.S in the same font for me ? :p and the OB as far as i know should be as good as gold i'm going to run it tomorrow after work, just need to pick up a set of muff's for it cause i don't have a container big enough to run it in, and shes going out Sunday cause that's the only nice day that we're going to have, 70+ Sunday with low wind freaking after Tuesday they'er talking 40's for high's and possible snow.... WTF!!!!!

I really appreciate your vision from the start and the way you carried out you plan...
You ended up with a true fishing machine....now you just gotta go out and get some
Fish Slime on it...Great Job! :D :D :D :D :D =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

k so i lied its not done i'm not happy with a couple small thing's that i didn't know was not going to work untill i mounted the motor. K so here's the deal i installed the front amber light under the front step which should light up the floor nicely when needed, i'm going to build a battery box that i can attach an detact to the left side of the boat toward's the front to even out the weight of me sitting further to the right due to controlling the motor, and also the fuel tank is going to sit on the right side to help too.

And i installed a boweye because before the P/O had the wench hook all the way up over the bow and hooked it under the bow cap, well the nightlight is there now and i'm not about to ruin that,and wouldnt ya know i scratched the crap out of the bow trying to drill through it and ofcourse the bit walked even though i had hit it with a grinder to flatten out the surface. And i also went out and bought some quick change seat mounts :D make's it alot easier to remove the seat's if needed. I'm hanging the lower unit oil and i might need a new prop pretty soon because it looks like some one hit something with it, the hole for the sheer pin is stretched out so the prop has about an 1/8 inch play. not horrible but it's not perfect and that bugs me. And holy hell the amount of braided line that was wrapped around the PTO shaft for the prob, a good 70+ ft atleast.

Here's some pic's i'll be done with the wiring tomorrow night and i'm going to build the battery box tomorrow also.

Copyof100_0468.jpg

Copyof100_0471.jpg

100_0476.jpg

100_0475.jpg

100_0481.jpg

100_0482.jpg

100_0477.jpg

100_0486.jpg

100_0485.jpg

thats a great restoration. like how you did the flooring. I am thinking about doing some in my boat. looks like the easiest setup ive seen on here.

How does that anti slip stuff you added to paint seem to work out? I was thinking about doing the same for my boat but wasn't sure how well I'd like it

Just a quick question on what type of screws (hardware) guys are using to mount the plywood to benches or like you did to the bow of your boat...

Looks great - thanks...

Well the floor on the front i drilled and put 3 carraige head bolts with nylon locking nut's and then to mount to the benches it depends on if it's a sealed bench, if it's a sealed bench it need's to be long course thread stainless self drilling bolts, and if it's open bottom just a stainless nut and bolt is all you need.

The antislip stuff work's wonders, at first i wasnt impressed since it took 3 coats to get it to stick pretty good, after you let it cure and sit for a few days it gets really solid as a rock.

Helmsman sparr is the best sealer out there, but i would suggest sanding the wood after you seal it before you try to paint because the first time i tried to paint it, the paint didnt stick so i had to do a light sand with some 80grit and that did the trick.

Also had to redo the bulge pump, the velcro didnt hold as well as i would have liked so i just drilled and mounted it to the transom brace.

Well she went out on the water today for an all day run, old girl did awesome but sadly didnt get a single bite all day on 3 different lakes.

Here's some pic's from last night and today at the lakes.

100_0489.jpg

100_0488.jpg

100_0491.jpg

100_0487.jpg

100_0498.jpg

100_0499.jpg

100_0500.jpg

100_0496.jpg

100_0492.jpg

100_0502.jpg

100_0503.jpg

100_0506.jpg

100_0509.jpg

100_0511.jpg

Looks good! Ride pretty good? Water looks choppy. So did the wife approve? Cant wait to get my boat done!

Steve

Water was really crappy, that was the calm side of the lake cause it was on the bottom side of the hill, but the boat ran awesome and cut through the water like a knife, but me an the wife were both seriously pissed off at the weather man cause it was supposed to be 70 that day but it never broke 45 for the high, weather man seriously botched that one.