Boat seat pedestal/plate options

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamgarrett05

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am in the middle of building out my 1976 Starcraft Seafarer and the time has come to consider seating options. I will have a casting deck up front and I want a pedestal seat up there that can go from the regular seating height to standing height with a stool seat. I've been through these forums many times but not sure if I've seen anything recent about the pros/cons of each option (if I missed something please let me know). I've read that pin systems break and can be wobbly and I've also heard that threaded posts/bases can have problems with people unable to remove them after threading them in. I'm a big guy so I want something that has the best chance of working. The framing is aluminum and I'm using resin covered plywood and marine vinyl for the floor. Can anyone give some input? Thanks.

I'm in the same boat (Pun intended) :) and am wondering what are the options for new pedestals. I have a Fisher avenger pro 19 and the 4 seats behind the glass are stuck there, the posts won't come out even though I'm pretty sure they are supposed to. the driver and first passenger seats are fine being permanent, the back two I'd like to be able to remove for tournaments. Ideally I'd like some type of bench seat that folds into the rear bulkhead but then folds up and out of the way to fight fish. I'd settle for pedestals that could be pulled out.

anyone have any ideas? I don't want to buy junk just to replace it later. what are some things to avoid and what are some things that are unavoidable - such as in order to achieve stability you have to use the bubble style that protrude up (I don't know if thats true, just an example) I don't know what I don't know.

Fellas, I don't know what everyone else uses but the posts I installed are BIG. They're about as big around as the post used to hold the table on a pontoon, about 2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter. The seat swivel mounts to the top and uses a swivel there. They seat swivel also uses a clamp to keep the seat from rotating. I've found that pulling the seat and post out is a breeze and they are ideal for bigger people. They aren't spring loaded and don't use any kind of shock absorbing features, in other words they're a basic design. I have two of these on my 1650 flat bottom, one on the front elevated deck and one behind my console. I almost forgot to mention, I mounted the seat bases through the frame on the front deck and into the aluminum floor behind the console.

You can consider Wise adjustable pedestals. Height adjustment, travel slide, and 360 degrees features provide comfort and enjoyment. Well-build 9-inch diameter base with mounting holes.

Oliver305 said:
You can consider Wise adjustable pedestals. Height adjustment, travel slide, and 360 degrees features provide comfort and enjoyment. Well-build 9-inch diameter base with mounting holes.

Anotyher vote for Wise.

I got the model above the ones they tested with the gas spring and their great.

Im around 300lbs and my fishing buddy is 260 and their no concerns with these pedestals.

Having the ability to slide the seat forward and back is a big plus.

Oliver305 said:

Thanks Oliver!

RaisedByWolves said:
Oliver305 said:

Anotyher vote for Wise.

I got the model above the ones they tested with the gas spring and their great.

Im around 300lbs and my fishing buddy is 260 and their no concerns with these pedestals.

Having the ability to slide the seat forward and back is a big plus.

Thank you!