Boating Etiquette

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It takes a while to unload everything and get it stowed away in the yak. Doubly so because a lot of yakers don't use trailers. That being said, I don't ever use the ramp when I'm launching my yak. I unload beside the ramp with enough room for boats to use it, stow everything away, and drag it down to the water.

I've seen a lot of boaters be just as bad about taking forever on the ramp or at the dock though, especially at the big lake from my last comment. It seems like since the pandemic, people are just a lot less considerate of others on the water. I suspect that the pandemic cause a lot of people that wouldn't normally own a boat to buy one, just so that they had something to do besides sit at the house. As a result, we have a lot of people on the water who have no idea about the courtesies that were common place before. Same thought applies to yakers, except a lot of them tend to be either yuppies who think their poop doesn't stink or people who couldn't be bothered to learn enough to get a boat.

Was out at the lake today. Weather was cool upper 60’s overcast with chance of sprinkles. Only myself and one of my buddies at the launch. Was so nice with no knuckleheads at the ramp,or on the water and the fishing was good. It’s only going to get better the cooler it gets. 😎

"Yacker time" is a real thing and has just about ruined my local landing for everyone else. I'm not sure why yackers act the way they do. I'm an old guy. I would like to blame it on youth, but I seen plenty of older yackers that are just as bad..
Kayaking is fun and relatively cheap way of getting on the water, however ...not everyone that has one should have one !!! Because they are handpowered, they have the right to go wherever they want. Kinda like folks walking across a parking lot right in front of moving vehicles with no fear if getting run over...perhaps daring the cars to run them over might be more accurate !