Bowfishing 1872 SeaArk build (link)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reedjj

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is allowed or not but Im gonna do it anyway. Jim please don't bann me for this. Its too cool of a build no to share!

https://bow.fishingcountry.com/forums/showthread.php?4855-Follow-along!-(AGAIN)-My-1872-SeaArk-Re-build!-**Pic-Heavy**

Holy diamond plate! That was definetly worth looking at. If only I had those skills and a boat like that! Oh the sweetness it would be. Thanks for linking that.

I didn't realize how big an 1872 was until I saw that pic with him sitting in the bare bones boat! Its like a barge!

Its a good thing its used primarily at night. Could you imagine the sun burn you would get in that thing.

Yeah that would be some serious UV. That would be a dilemma for me....would I paint all that pretty diamond plate? Hmm I fish all day on weekends then drink and catfish or bowfish most of the night. I'm not sure what I would do with that boat....aside from be really happy.
I was thinkin a boat that size would be ideal...but it just might be too big, if that's even possible. I would definetly make those lights removeable and put an elevated removeable shooting deck.....I still like bass fishin too much to have a bowfish only rig.
Did you happen to see in that post where he put his generator? I know he can't be running those lights on battery. And he definetly has ample room. Personally I don't care much for night bowfishing because of the generator effect: noise, fumes, refueling, etc.
Only thing missing on that boat for the ultimate rig is the elevated platforms and a fan. Otherwise my dream night bowfish only boat.

That was worth the read for sure, that guy has some fab skills. I caught myself saying the same thing and 1872 might be to big.

Big boats are the norm rather than the exception around here on the big water. There are a lot of 20+ footers running around.

I had a chance to get a 2072 once and didn't do it. Man that was big boat. I ended up going with a 1652 and it was plenty big. At the time I was young and would not have been able to afford a motor to put on that 2072.

Now that is a ultimate build. I wouldn't need a bow fishing boat but that would have made a awesome center console boat for sure! Which is my next build so stay tuned. I should be posting the finished pictures of my first build next week!

Latest posts