Camping

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve never ridden in a sprinter other than a cutaway bus that was OK. Didn’t know they were that rough. Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaugh said:
Can I ask where that is bcbouy ?
that is a forest service site called whitefish bay on stuart lake in central british columbia.we were pulling in 20+ pound lakers all day long.our boat disappeared about 4 days after this pic was taken,so we headed home.that was about 3 weeks into our month long trip we take every august.the shot with the fish is babine lake,also central bc during the same trip.the haze is forest fire smoke that hung around for 2 or 3 days.

Looks like we're on the same wavelength. I'm going to be heading out to Seattle in the spring... looking for possible locations like that in southern BC / northern WA ... any suggestions ?

depends on what you're after and when you plan to be in the area.spring time in bc is trout madness.and if you want a couple lunkers or several hundred smaller ones.also whether you want a provincial campsite which fill up as soon as the ice is off or forest service without fees.the forest service sites are almost always lakeside and stocked but out of the way or off the beaten track,first come first serve,no reserve and are much quieter and almost always just fishermen and the occasional atv'ers.feel free to pm me.

That lake near Statesboro looks like it should be a fish factory. We used to camp a lot at Buggs Island or at the brickyard in Danville and striper fish. A couple of times we set up on a small island at the mouth of the Dan river and camped. Need to get back into it someday.

Camping? Outside??

Icky!!!

:D

I camp from one extreme to the other.. Holiday Inn Express to hanging in a hammock, and everything in between.. :wink:

paper said:
Camping? Outside??

Icky!!!

:D

I camp from one extreme to the other.. Holiday Inn Express to hanging in a hammock, and everything in between.. :wink:

Trust me, there are ickier things in a Holiday Inn than in a well policed campsite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s for sure!

I know what’s been inside my sleeping bag since day one.

:LOL2:

Big Bend, Texas
Padre Island, Texas
Bolivar Peninsula, Texas
Atchafalaya, Louisiana
Gulf Islands National Seashore, Mississippi
Navarre Beach, Florida
Everglades Flamingo, Florida

. . . . the only places to be camping in January!

Charleston Lake Provincial Park, Ontario
I like the Captain's Gap site best. It is a boat in site. Small sand beach. No electricity or showers. There is a outhouse. No tents larger than 10 X 10 will fit on the tent platforms and you can't set tents on the ground as it is against park rules.
The lake is calm and clear most of the time. You can see the bottom in 25 feet of water.
Great Smallmouth fishing

After an outdoor career, I camp not because I like it, but because I have to. We grew up that way. Now I like backpacking in the mountains, floating rivers in rafts and canoes, truck camping at the end of the road and boondocking with a small RV. This year I am camping out of my aluminum power boat on a huge lake. I like camp all year except for January. When the days get a little longer it will time to head for the low desert.

When I was younger we used to pack horses and mules. Then it is possible to travel a long way from a road. One trip in Wyoming was 50 miles in. No signs of humans except Native Americans a long time ago. No trails, no campfire rings, no nothing. Just moose, grizzly bears and bighorn sheep for neighbors.

I like to camp where other people don't. I still backpack at 68, and do some river trips each year in either rafts of canoes.
I truck camp especially in the spring and fall, sometimes with a canvas wall tent and a stove.
I also have a travel trailer for mostly the cooler weather.

Low desert in winter with no tent.
Spring and fall are the best times to camp.
In summer backpacking and river trips to get away from people.
PLanning on a power boat camping trip to a large reservoir.
I would like to run Lake Roosevelt, WA behind Grand Coulee Dam which is 184 miles long

Wife and I do a decent amount of camping right now all of it is tent camping, good sleep mats make all the difference we each have thermarest neoair mats they're great and were well worth the money. I'm not old, but in my childhood years idk how I just slept on the ground with a sleeping bag and maybe a foam mat. Couldn't do that now at 28, well I could if that was my only option. But anymore now I would never allow that to be my only option to sleep lol. Occasionally the Army still likes to present me with situations where I have just had to sleep on a concrete floor or back of a lmtv. But even then I usually know when times like that will happen and I bring my neoair mat to sleep on that thing is a god send for primitive sleeping. Wife and I recently on my way back to indiana from fort lee virginia decided to stop in West Virginia on the way back. Camped at bluestone lake state park was a great trip. Tent camped two three nights had the boat so we ran up bluestone into the new river to fish for smallies one day, spent another driving around to some of the sites at pipestem state park and hiked some short trails hinton was a great town we actually spent one evening getting a great dinner there and caught the new jurassic world at the little theater there.

I hate propane and butane stoves, hate buying the butane fuel, and hate refilling the little 1lb propane tanks off my 20lb tanks at home, and hate buying the 1lb tanks. I have acquired quite the collection of old coleman white gas stoves. Two three burners, two double burners, couple different varieties of single burner back back packing ones. I enjoy fixing them and using always find them for cheap at thrift stores, flea markets, garage sales, and I can't ever pass them up when they're ten bucks or so. Wife back packs usually a couple times a year never real rigorous trips. We usually try to do some camping on the local rivers out of the boat, or a float and camp trip out of the kayaks on the river. Summer is always rough as hot humid temps around here make sleeping in a tent less than comfortable. Early fall is my favorite time of year. Cool temps, low clear water in the rivers, good fishing make for enjoyable camping.

I love it out west wife and I for our honey moon are doing a long road trip out west to south dakota, yellowstone, montana and north dakota camping and staying at cabins along the way.

Latest posts