cavitatin plate

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1436delta

Reaction score
WELL WAS LOOKING AT THE BOAT THIS MORNING BEFORE WORK :cry: AND I NOTICE THAT MY CAVITATION PLATE WAS ABOUT TWO INCHES LOW FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE BOAT IS THAT TO LOW ? I HERD THAT IT SHOULD BE EVEN WITH THE BOTTOM FOR MAX PERFORMANCE IF SO I HAVE TWO BOLT HOLES TO MOUNT IT WITH THAT ARE LOWER ON THE BRACKET WILL THAT HOLD IT WITH OUT THE CLAMPS BECAUSE THAT WILL MAKE THEM TO HIGH? OH I HAVE A 92 EVINRUDE 15 HP SHORT SHAFT

1436delta said:
WELL WAS LOOKING AT THE BOAT THIS MORNING BEFORE WORK :cry: AND I NOTICE THAT MY CAVITATION PLATE WAS ABOUT TWO INCHES LOW FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE BOAT IS THAT TO LOW ? I HERD THAT IT SHOULD BE EVEN WITH THE BOTTOM FOR MAX PERFORMANCE IF SO I HAVE TWO BOLT HOLES TO MOUNT IT WITH THAT ARE LOWER ON THE BRACKET WILL THAT HOLD IT WITH OUT THE CLAMPS BECAUSE THAT WILL MAKE THEM TO HIGH? OH I HAVE A 92 EVINRUDE 15 HP SHORT SHAFT

Your cavitation plate should be even or slightly higher 1/4" with the bottom. You should see a noticeable performance increase.

I personally wouldn't trust two bolts. You can build up the transome or get a set back plate. Set back plates can be found at any jackplate manufacturer. They are not hard to build yourself https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10425

My cavitation plate was about 2" lower than the bottom of the hull which was fine last year. This year the river I'm on is quite a bit lower. I added a minijacker set so the cavitation plate is about 1" above the bottom of the hull. I have also tried running with a 1" thick spacer on top of the minijacker. The water pickups are well in the water and the motor has a very good stream of water from the pee hole.

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
My cavitation plate was about 2" lower than the bottom of the hull which was fine last year. This year the river I'm on is quite a bit lower. I added a minijacker set so the cavitation plate is about 1" above the bottom of the hull. I have also tried running with a 1" thick spacer on top of the minijacker. The water pickups are well in the water and the motor has a very good stream of water from the pee hole.
I THINK I AM GOING TO TRY IT! THE SMALL JACK PLATES ARE LIKE 80.00 WITH FRT STAY CLOSE I MIGHT NEED TO ASK FEW?? [-o<

I think you will love it. It will change the way your boat handles. You can also raise it a little higher than even with your boat. As long as you have good water preasure cooling your motor. I believe that they say you can raise your motor a 1/4" for every inch of set back. I have a 5 1/2" set back and my motor is 1 3/4" higher than the bottom of my boat. It still could go up another inch +.

STILL HAVENT TRIED TO MAKE IT BUT I AM GOING TO DONT HAVE A GARAGE AND WE ARE GETTING RECORD RAIN FALL THIS WEEK :twisted:

WELL HAD A BAD CASE OF THE DUMB A** TODAY TRIED TO MAKE THAT JACKPLATE AFTER READING THE BLODG FROM SPECKNREDS AND HE SIAD THE FIRST ONE FAILED BECAUSE HE MADE IT OUT OF THE SMALL STUFF SO WHAT DID I DO MAKE IT OUT OF THE SMALL STUFF AND IT WILL NOT WORK ON MY BOAT :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Attachments

• scott pic 026.jpg
    scott pic 026.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 641
NOT GOING TO TRY TO MAKE GOT A PRICE ON 4X4ANGLE THIS MORN TO RICH FOR ME I AM GOING WITH SMALL JACK PLATE FROM BPS #-o THANKS FOR EVERYBODY WRIGHTING IN I LOVE THIS SIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it's any consolation, it looks good. :D I can laugh with you because as you know I did the same. I was lucky and had free material. I probably should have bought one also, but I'm a do it yourself kind of guy and like a challenge.

WELL AFTER COOLING OFF AND GOING TO WORK I WENT BACK TO THE JACKPLATE PROBLEM OK I JUST TOOK THE SIDES OFF AND FLIP THE (JACK) PART OVER AND BOLTED IT 2 INCHES HIGHER THAN THE TRANSOM OF MY BOAT SET THE OUTBOARD ON IT PUT A 2 INCH SQUARE STOCK AT THE TOP A CLAMPED IT DOWN THE FEET OF MY CLAMPS ARE HALF OF THE TRANSOM AND THE OTHER IS ON THE SQUARE STOCK THEN I BOLTED THE ENGINE WITH THE 2 BOLT HOLES AT THE BOTTOM THROUGH THE (JACK)PART ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE TRANSOM IT ROCK SOLID I DIDNT GET ANY SET BACK BUT I GOT THE RISE I NEED HAHAHA :lol: IN THE PIC IT HAS TWO 1INCH SQUARE STOCK AS THE SPACER WHEN I WAS GETTING IT TO LINE UP =D> =D>AS U SEE IT WAS GETTING DARK FAST THANKS FOR THE HELP EVERYBODY AND U SPECKNREDS REALLY WANTED WHAT U MADE BUT THAT THE WAY THE BOBBER BOBS

Attachments

• scott pic 030.jpg
    scott pic 030.jpg
    583.1 KB · Views: 518