Check out this setup...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope he advertised that thing right. It says 130# "Combined Thrust". I didn't realize they made 24volt 130# thrust motors. I'm wondering if they're not two 65# instead.

Nope, they are both 130#... I looked at enlarged pictures of it.

I wanted to bid on it, I really did.... but I couldn't pull myself to do it. I think I'm going to quit buying and start saving for a new boat... I've got about $1000 put back, and only another $1000 to go... it's amazing what Wachovia's "Way to Save" savings account can do for you. I put in $25 per week, and then it takes $1 out of my checking account for every debit card purchase I make. I don't carry cash, and pay everything by debit card, so I'm really racking it up. I just started doing this in Feburary too....

So what's the next boat going to be?

russ010 said:

I wanted to bid on it, I really did.... but I couldn't pull myself to do it. I think I'm going to quit buying and start saving for a new boat... I've got about $1000 put back, and only another $1000 to go... it's amazing what Wachovia's "Way to Save" savings account can do for you. I put in $25 per week, and then it takes $1 out of my checking account for every debit card purchase I make. I don't carry cash, and pay everything by debit card, so I'm really racking it up. I just started doing this in Feburary too....

poolie said:
So what's the next boat going to be?

russ010 said:

Exact same one as yours from the exact same place.... Alumacraft 1442

one of the main reasons I didn't bid because if you look in the Q & A section the guy talked like it wasn't his and he hadn't used it...

He said "it appears" one too many times for me to be spending that kind of money to buy something I'm not sure about... but that may be what I'm looking for on the next setup

russ010 said:

260# of thrust [-X

Didn't think so. Just got off the phone with Minn Kota. They are (2) ganged 65# thrust motors. I was flagged when I saw the word "combined" on the enlarged pic. Also, didn't make since that Minn Kota's Riptide 101 thrust motor is a 36 volt yet they would offer a 130 thrust 24 volt. That said, I would also bet that if you tried to run that setup off of two batteries wide open for any reasonable amount of fishing time, you'd be paddling back to the ramp.

I bet the buyer is gunna be :evil: when he finds out.

dang... I misunderstood what you wrote the first time about the pic saying combined...

I would have been pee'd off if I had done that.

Holding out for the 101.... but I really do like that motorized lift. I may have to build that

Unless you change the prop.,I don't think getting on plane is going to happen.The prop. has alot to do with it.JMO.