Chrysler Outboard 5H090 Remote Electric Start Kit Instructions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmilingBob

Reaction score
I have a 1976 Chrysler 15HP electric start outboard Model #: 158HA Serial #1286. The previous owner had converted it to remote throttle/shift and steering. Starting and stopping the motor required going aft. I got ahold of Franz at Franz's Marine Service http://www.franzmarine.com/ to find out what was needed to convert it to remote electric start. Franz is the goto expert on Chrysler Outboards. He told me I needed a Chrysler Outboard 5H090 Remote Electric Start Kit and that he had them in stock. Just received the kit on Friday. The kit includes a keyed ignition switch, wiring harness, choke soleniod, starter soleniod, hardware, and installation instructions. I plan to do a post with pics when I install the kit in the near future. I scanned a copy of the installation instructions to share with the forum so fellow forum members could see what would be involved if they wished to do the conversion.

SmilingBob

COVER
LTVwWlW.jpg

PG 2
Ef9Kg7M.jpg

PG 3
OIPI2x6.jpg

PG 4
ZYOBFa5.jpg