Codeman's 14' Lonestar V Conversion. (TM mount to start)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK I am finally making progress again. I finished my trolling motor mount a week or so ago for starters and it works prefect now. Brewfish thanks for the tip on the paddle bit that worked out nicely. Here are the finished pics. (Yeah I know it still needs paint)

P7200227%20copy.jpg

P7200226%20copy.jpg

Ok if you missed my thread in the motor section, I also added a different power plant to the old girl, I've got a vintage Buccaneer 12hp to go with the Vintage Lonestar boat now. Runs pretty sweet.

P7200223%20copy.jpg

And I also started on my front floor section with some storage tonight. I decided to go with steel #1 because I had it piled up in the shop and it shouldn't have any issues holding up my weight. Its all pretty thin wall so weight won't be an issue. Got a $3 Wal-Mart special plastic tub for a storage bin. It should hold pretty much anything I'd put in it.

P7200221.jpg

P7200220%20copy.jpg

I hope to get the floor in it this week and maybe do some fishing next weekend. Thats my update for now.

Looking good. Kinda looks like my boat. The only thing I would do if using steel against aluminum is put some clear box tape between the steel and aluminum to keep it from corroding the aluminum. I work on 18 wheeler trailers and we have to do that before we use steel on alum. for this reason.

Looking good, can't wait to see how it turns out. =D> That TM mount looks nice and sturdy, I plan on doing to the same thing to my mount with the holes. I still can't forget seeing my buddies expensive salt water TM taking a dive off the bow of the boat in rough water :shock: #-o

Ok regardless whether or not I score the flat bottom jon boat that I posted in the boat forum this one needs to get finished. I worked on my floor just a bit more tonight and got the decking and storage lid done and mounted my front pedestal for the seat.

AS usual here are the pics.
Seat mounted just a little higher to match the floor. Much more comfortable this way.
P7300029.jpg

I decided to keep plenty of support for th floor so I cut the opening just a little smaller for the storage bin.

P7300030.jpg

P7300033.jpg

My plan is to make a panel and carpet it to mount here and cover where the battery will be and it will give me a place to mount my fish finder that I scored for cheap (Humminbird 300tx for $30) as well as anything else I need to.

P7300034.jpg

Forgive my quicky photoshop job.
Panel.jpg

Well thats it for tonight I hope to finish all of the floor and carpet before the weekend is over, looks like it will be too friggin' hot to be on the water anyway.

That does look good I am working on a similar Lonestar project myself right now. Mind if I ask how wide your boat is? Mine is similar (14') but had a side steering console that I ended up removing because i felt like it took up to much room and wasn't usable with the modern motor I swapped onto the boat.

hey codeman i just got done building a bracket like yours for the tm for my v boat. My question is i see ur tm speed contol handel and the propeller are facing the same direction. Its there a way to do this. when i used my tm in bow the speed control handle is facing me but the propeller is facing the other way.

If it is a Minkota Endura, it is as simple as taking out the screw that holds the control head on turning it 180* and putting the screw back in. This boat is gone but I'm still using the trolling motor on my new boat.

P8260089.jpg