conceal carry pistol

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Several suggestions:

S&W Airweight 357 - weighs only 11oz without ammo revolver - Titanium frame

Ruger LCP 380 great pocket pistol semi auto - Polymer

Glock model 27 40 cal sub compact semi auto - Polymer

Phoenix Arms 22 LR semi auto - Stainless

Depending on the wardrobe is what I carry.

My favorate is the .45ACP because they don't make a .46cal. I have the Colt Defender which is very light weight, a lot lighter than a PO. I have it to use when the PO are only minutes away when there are only seconds to spare. Locked and cocked. Nuff said.

PS: SS so I can take it fishing.

Taurus bought Beretta molds year ago... I carry the Millenium 111 in 9 mm, and have the PT911 (9 mm) at home (slightly larger frame). Both handle well and after a little fine tuning by a master gunsmith, are like silk!

Ruger LCP 380 is an awesome pocket pistol. I have a pocket holster i carry mine in and it's the same as if you had your wallet in your front pocket. I do alot of bending, squatting with my job and this gun worked the best with it.

i do have a keltec .380, not a bad little gun once i got the kinks worked out. i do carry it in my pocket if i am somewhere that i cant wear inside the waist or clothing keeps from me from carrying my kahr

Its a little on the large size for most people but I carry a Glock 21. The compact guns do not fit my hands well, and I am able to conceal the frame well in my waste band. Nothing better for peace of mind than 13+ 1 of 45 ACP.

A little late to the party but I carry (when legal to do so) a Ruger SR9c. Looking for a nice little dresser drawer gun for the house like either an .357 LCR or 380 LCP. I have a Kel-Tec Sub2000 and with the issues I've have with their QC, would never depend on one of their guns in a SD/HD situation. Your mileage may vary of course.

Glock 19 in one of the small plastic Glock holsters on my right kidney unless I'm at work and then it's in my cargo pants side pocket. The OWB will show somewhat if my shirt isn't oversized but I just figure that people can just wonder what's under there.

I carry a Bersa ultra compact pro 45 around town....on the boat and in the woods its a ruger blackhawk 41mag.

Bailey Boat said:
Call your local ranges and see if they rent guns and go try as many as possible before making the leap. Actually shooting a gun tells more than just holding one in your hand. Beware of getting more gun than what you can easily handle. Try revolvers as well as semi autos but bear in mind the reliability of each and how you would handle a malfunction when under stress.
I personally carry a K frame, 357 S&W in the summer and a Colt Defender in .45 in the winter but your mileage may vary.... Be prepared to shell out some decent coin on a GOOD belt and holster and don't skimp or use cheap crap, you'll be dissapointed......

This...

That being said, G19 winter carry and a DB380 in the summer is what I use.

Use to carry a Kimber Ultra Carry 2 (45 cal.) with crimson trace and night sights, but always felt uneasy about carrying cocked and locked; Now just carry a S&W Model 642 Deluxe 1-7/8in. Textured Wood Grips, 38 ultalight...hardly know there.

I carry a Ruger LCP, it's a great little gun and in a pocket holster it's concealed so completely that no one knows when I'm carrying it, and it is so lite that it's a pleasure to carry. It does take some practice getting used to the double action trigger and if you have very large hands this is not the gun for you, but for close range self defense type protection it will get the job done.

Doneaster said:
I carry a Ruger LCP, it's a great little gun and in a pocket holster it's concealed so completely that no one knows when I'm carrying it, and it is so lite that it's a pleasure to carry. It does take some practice getting used to the double action trigger and if you have very large hands this is not the gun for you, but for close range self defense type protection it will get the job done.

That's like my DB380, very light and compact...crap trigger, but it goes bang when pulled which is all I care about.