Country Dave’s Lowe 1752 modification/restoration project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave, don't know if you plan on running a zinc since you're all salt like myself. Not a photo of my boat. The bracket should not be painted.

Here's a link to the Zinc I ordered after extensive emails with their rep and a photo of the bracket I'm using.

Install one R-3A <https://www.boatzincs.com/rudder-aluminum.html> aluminum anode. That should do it.

Attachments

• 100_1686.jpg
    100_1686.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,279
  • 100_2494.jpg
    100_2494.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,279
  • 100_2495.jpg
    100_2495.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,279
Good morning,

I was able to get a couple things done over the weekend. I decided to make a floor pan for the fuel tank; I just didn’t want it resting on top of the ribs. I ran a couple of small rigging tubes for the livewell, bilge pump and stern light wiring. I needed to do that now before the floor pan went down. I set the fuel tank up so that it has a slight backwards tilt when the boat is level. The fuel pick up is at the back of the tank, not that I’m ever going to run the tank that low but S happens. I’ve got most of the rear deck extension completed just have to add cross supports and cover the top and front with aluminum.

The front of the rear deck is rolled so it was a pain in the butt to get the extension to line up right but I got it. The height will be the same, there will be a little gab but I will fill that in with something before I put the sea decking on. I backed up the 2x2 that I bolted to the bench with a 5 inch piece of 0.125 aluminum to strengthen the bench so it wouldn’t flex when someone is standing on the deck extension. I left just enough room at the top so the aluminum that goes on will come off level with the rear deck.

Attachments

• 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 1,262
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    225.4 KB · Views: 1,262
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 1,262
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 1,262
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    265.3 KB · Views: 1,262
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    294.4 KB · Views: 1,262
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 1,262
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    207.5 KB · Views: 1,262
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    234.3 KB · Views: 1,262
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    249.6 KB · Views: 1,262
Badbagger said:
Dave, don't know if you plan on running a zinc since you're all salt like myself. Not a photo of my boat. The bracket should not be painted.

Here's a link to the Zinc I ordered after extensive emails with their rep and a photo of the bracket I'm using.

Install one R-3A <https://www.boatzincs.com/rudder-aluminum.html> aluminum anode. That should do it.

Thanks BB,

Yes I’m going to run zinc for sure. I need to start thinking about a mounting point. The transom is getting a little crowded now :LOL2: The link is not active. I will try and putting it in my browser.

Man if it ant one thing it’s another,

First wisdom teeth now I’ve got strep throat and a freaking sinus infection. :cry: Needless to say I didn’t get too much done on my project. I did get the rest of the rear deck extension framing completed. Staying with the theme of being lightweight but strong I’m not disappointed with the way it came out.
I laid a piece of 0.125 I had laying around on top of the frame and it’s just a hair higher than the rear deck so the 0.90 that I’m going to use should be perfect.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 1,220
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 1,220
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    254.1 KB · Views: 1,220
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 1,220
Badbagger said:
Now she's taking shape !

Thanks bro,

I just have to weld up/fill up the scupper holes and two other little holes in the transom. I’m going to do that tonight or tomorrow night. Come hell or high water I’m going to flip her over this weekend and start prepping the bottom of the hull and the float pods for steelflex.

After that’s finished I just need to bolt the transom together and then start prepping her for paint. After that it’s a downhill run. I feel like smokey and the bandit. I got a long way to go and a short time to get there.
:LOL2:

Looking great Dave, you've gave me some good ideas on how to extend my rear deck. Is that the same square tubeing that jonboat Jerry used on his 20'er?

Mrtoler said:
Looking great Dave, you've gave me some good ideas on how to extend my rear deck. Is that the same square tubeing that jonboat Jerry used on his 20'er?

Good morning Ryan,

I’m not sure what JBJ used; this is 2X2 16th inch thick stock that you can buy at any home improvement store. Super rigged, super light. Any time you have angles it multiplies the strength. I think I paid $19.00 for a 15 ft section.

Chipping away at it.

Well I got the two scupper holes and the two small motor mount holes welded up and grinded down. There is a little tiny bit that I didn’t get all the way field up so I will just fill that in with JB weld and then grind it. There is a piece of 0.125 in front of the transom anyway before the wood core but I just wanted to make sure there isn’t going to be any water intrusion.
I also got the float pods prepped for the steelflex. Tonight I’m going to prep the sides of the hull; I’m going to run the steelflex up the side about 3 or 4 inches.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    233 KB · Views: 1,142
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 1,142
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 1,142
Man can't get over how quickly she's all getting done and how well it's all coming together. Great looking build dave.

Hey thanks guys,

I love fishing this time of year. It gets so freaking hot starting around mid May. Fishing is great year around but March through May are really great where I do most of my fishing. I’m hoping to be ready to go by mid March but it might run as late as the end of March.
Sometimes things go really smooth and quickly and sometimes not so much. :LOL2:

Good deal Dave! After living in South Florida from 88 to 2003, I know what you mean about HOT. Same same up here in the Big Bend. Hot as piss on the flats from June on out.
I've done some research on the link below and have a lot of photos from some folks.

For $500 and change, hard to beat. https://www.canvasusa.com/p805/Performance-Shade/product_info.html

You can just google them and you'll find some decent info. Photos however, GOOD photos took some time but I have a lot and it's a decent product and less costly than a t-top without the issues with a t-top. Been there and done that.

Badbagger said:
Good deal Dave! After living in South Florida from 88 to 2003, I know what you mean about HOT. Same same up here in the Big Bend. Hot as piss on the flats from June on out.
I've done some research on the link below and have a lot of photos from some folks.

For $500 and change, hard to beat. https://www.canvasusa.com/p805/Performance-Shade/product_info.html

You can just google them and you'll find some decent info. Photos however, GOOD photos took some time but I have a lot and it's a decent product and less costly than a t-top without the issues with a t-top. Been there and done that.

Hey thanks brother,

That looks like it would be a good deal; if I was going to do something for shade I would for sure consider it. It looks like it could be removed and installed quickly. In some situations they’re great to have but for the kind of stuff I do it would just be in the way. I’m usually running around like a madman when I get a hooked up. Don’t want to get cutoff on the trolling motor or the lower unit. It sure would be nice to have some shade on the hot hot stagnant days out on the flats but, everything is a trade off.