Courtesy lights

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacobxrt

Reaction score
I am going to be starting a build pretty soon and i am trying to plan ahead. :lol: I will be installing lights on the inside of my boat, and was wondering if there is a specific color to keep the bugs away at night. Any help or prior experience would be greatly appreciated.

I purchased led strips in green. I was told green keeps the bugs away. Ive also heard that red dosnt attract bugs either but I dunno.

I got my strips for less than $1 each on ebay. If I remember correctly there is 14 leds per strip. I hooked one up to my lawn mower battery just to see how they look and they are extremely bright. I purchased 14 strips but they are bright enough that I'm only putting 5 of them on my boat, The others will go on my wifes uncles charter boat.

I ordered them from a guy in China, 14 strips plus shipping was less than $20. It took about 3 weeks for them to get here though.

Thanks Bassblaster for such a quick reply and the info. I was thinking about ordering those srtips off of ebay because of the price. BTW what kind of boat do you have so i can know how many strips to buy.
Thanks

Mines a 1436. You can see it in the link in my sig. I plan to use 2 strips in the front passenger area, 2 in the rear passenger area and 1 in the bilge, fuel tank area. I'm still undecided if I want to put any in the hatches or not. Probably not. Maybe one in the battery compartment. We'll see.

I was also thinkin about the 2 in front and 2 in back, and probably in the major compartments. Nice project BTW. Thanks for the info

Latest posts