Crappie About Kilt Me

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron42261

Reaction score
I went fishin Friday caught a few Crappie =P~ .
Thinking this is gona be some good eatin =P~

I did not have any ice to put them on so I put lake water in a bucket to carry the crappie home in.

Got home cleaned them, friedem up, & ate them.

About 2 hours latter I started feeling a little odd, 30min. latter started sweating buckets.I was soaking wet , then started blowing chunks.

This went on for 1 hour ,my wife got home from work about the time it was over. I thought I was gona pass out, dizzy, & think I was having a little trouble breathing.
I had never been so sick, I was so wore out when it finally stop I laid down and slpet for a good 12 hrs.
I feel good now but very sore from all the heaving.

I learned my lesson the hard way - If I havent Ice Chest with Ice in it- Im not taking home fish [-X

When I left the lake they were alive - I would say it was 30 min. drive and as soon as I got home I cleaned them.

Better watch out its not much fun
Ron

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it wasn't the fish.....there was not enough "Death" time for fish to decompose and rot. Then you probably fried them...in that oil, you would of killed anything alive.
Was that the only thing you ate that day? What else did you eat with the fish?

Anyway it does not matter...your ok now! :beer:

Sorry to hear that - always best to bleed and ice the fish while it is still alive.

Revenge of the crappie

eatencrappie.jpg

Cap Ahab
Hey thats my Crappie =P~

My ribs are so sore - dont make me laugh :mrgreen:

Im pretty sure it was the fish , you know how you just know :sick: .

Not so sure this can apply to fresh water fish but the Scombroid poisoning
sounds right on the button.https://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/healthy/firstaid/basics/816.html

Ron :fishing: