Death of a legend

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek777

Reaction score
he was the Bronzeback, a smallie rod extraordinaire. although he was a short 6'3" in stature, he made up for his lack of length with heart, determination and accuracy. In his day he pulled in a pb smallie of 5'9" lbs, a pb largemouth of 7lbs, and a pb chain pickerel of over 5lbs. he fought hard, through rock, reeds, grass, slime, branches, snags, weeds, muck, leaves. anything you could throw at him, he would vanquish without complaint, cast beyond belief, and always be alert to signal the next battle.

today, he fought brilliantly, besting over 20 fiesty largemouth in difficult conditions, but met a terrible end when his owner tried to horse a 2b bass covered in 5lbs of weeds through a patch of reeds. the strain of those hundreds of fights finally caught up with him, and he broke below the second guide from the tip. even so, with his back broken, he fought gamely on and he landed that fish. never was there a rod so determined, so perfectly matched for the jobs at hand. his lifelong partner, the diminutive and lovely td sol 2000 spinning reel is inconsolable, as is their owner.

You shall ever live on in my heart as a true friend who has been there through so many great times, great fish, and great memories.

RIP: G-Loomis Bronzeback SMR751-SP 2005-2008

:cry: SAD SAD DAY! :cry: I know the fealing but at least she went down in battle! What better way to go! My prayers are with you.

The Lord is my Shepherd
I shall not want
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures
He leadeth me besides the still waters
He restores my soul
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death
I shall fear no evil
For thou art with me
Thy ROD and they staff they comfort me
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life
And I shall dwell in the House of the Lord Forever.

AMEN!!!!

Give G-Loomis a call, They'll send you another one in a jiffy...

I accidentally sat on one of my rods before, broke her in half. It was a el-cheapo from $19.99 Dicks sporting goods special, I even forgot the brand, something off the wall, but none the less it was a 1 piece graphite baitcasting rod 6 foot 6 with a nice feel, lightweight and was a great worm rod. The story goes as follows: We were fishing Grayson lake in KY way up in one of the creeks ( forgot what the name) and there was a hawk that swooped my boat 3 times, I think we were near the nest and didnt know it. I told my friend to sit down where he was ( in a capt. chair on the back deck) and we are leaving that bank and i jumped to the seat and sat down on the rod and didnt even realize it until we were at the next fishing spot which was a 10 minute idle speed ride. At least I didnt get razor sharp claws in my back..Moral of story is not to lay your rods across the seats of your boat...

That really sucks. I am sure they will send you a new one though. I really liked that rod too. Matched with your daiwa sol it was an awesome fish catching machine.

Atleast it got more action than your cape fear rod :wink:

Man those are nice rods :cry:

Cyberfelxx, your lucky you didnt get razor sharp hooks a little further south than your back :wink:

Thank God you still have the Little Mermaid!!!

Latest posts