Dual batteries with selector switch and on board charger

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmox

Reaction score
Im getting all set up with dual batteries and a selector switch i just dont know where to tie the charger in so i can select what battery to charge i might be over thinking it but i need some input thanks

Yea i have thats another thing i was looking at but do dual bank chargers have a control so you can tell which battery is charging cause ultimately the goal is to run one battery while the other is charging thats the reason for the selector switch

your on board charger will need 120v power to work or am i missing something?
most of the chargers have a charging indicator on them to tell what state of charge the battery is in
then when they reach a full charge the will shut off. My charger is plugged in 24/7 unless my boat is on the water

I was looking at minn kota chargers and they have alternator chargers that hook up to your alternator on your out board so i was kicking around the idea if getting one

Yea but when your using your battery you won't be using your outboard. (assuming your using your battery for a TM)

I have 2 batteries with a selector and a 2 bank Minn Kota charger that stays plugged it 24/7.

Jay415 said:
Yea but when your using your battery you won't be using your outboard. (assuming your using your battery for a TM)

I have 2 batteries with a selector and a 2 bank Minn Kota charger that stays plugged it 24/7.

How did you wire that all in?

mfreeman451 said:
Jay415 said:

How did you wire that all in?

Mine is wired slightly different then the diagram I made up because my battery boxes have built in breakers. It was too difficult to make a diagram of that so I made one on the most common way to do it.

wiring.jpg