Eclipse, who is watching?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, THEY are coming. I was warned tonight that my little street, about a city block long and pretty narrow, will have HUNDREDS of cars on it Monday.

There is a golf fairway in the back. Apparently, a lot of people have been told that they should park on my street, cut through the yards, and stand in the middle of the fairway to see the sun.

Since there are five golf courses on this complex, and 18 holes on each one..I wonder what the attraction of my one fairway will be???

Heck, it will only last a few hours at the most. My guess is, after the 2 minutes of totality, everyone will go home quickly.

richg99

Well, my original plans were dashed by that **** river. It's about 4feet high and unfishable for bass. But, I have a contingency plan, there is a small (about 55 acres) lake called Port Hudson that is almost directly under the path. that is where I'm going to try this today. Hope I can make it through all these delays I've been hearing about.

I was hoping to take some photos, but it's supposed to be cloudy from 11 til 3.
So, it'll just be dark out..

I think there's going to be a lot of disappointed folks in these parts.. Not only have they come from all over the country, I think there's a lot of folks from all over the world..

Mother Nature is looking at a lot of lawsuits.. :lol:

richg99 said:
Just down the road from you in East TN (Crossville)The Weather Channel is showing 100% clear skies all day.

Thanks, but I'm not going anywhere today.. Kinda like Black Friday, I don't get on the roads when the loonies are out and about.. :wink:

I need a job as a weatherman..

Umm, I'm guessing it might be cloudy, or might not.. :?

Sunny.. Looking like I'll get some photos in.. I'm kinda glad I went against my previous thought of fishing.. It's HOT out!! :lol:

When it gets dark is when the Martians start vacuuming up all in the path of totality..
It's true!! I read it (ok, I wrote it) on the internet!! :lol:

In Philadelphia at 630 Eastern there were lines outside the Franklin Institute ( Yes, that Franklin ), and this area is only in the 85% zone. I can only imagine what it looks like for you in the total zones.

Stay safe, and like Moms always told us, don't look at the Sun.

The eclipse was great, but they crecent shaped shadows through the leaves afterwards was really cool!!!

DSCN4111-L.jpg

IMG_6522-L.jpg

IMG_6521-L.jpg

I missed the totality because of a thunderstorm passing through at that moment. It did get dark like a nighttime thunderstorm. When I got home from work about an hour and fifteen minutes before totality I was able to set up my telescope and see about 25% of the sun covered before the clouds rolled in.

From me front yard in Sweet Home Or. Was a lot darker then picture appears...

Attachments

• Eclipse in Sweet Home Or..jpg
    Eclipse in Sweet Home Or..jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 929
Yeah, my picture came out the same. Seems that the camera compensated for the lack of light in the center, and made the Totality look like a bright sun.

Sure was neat for two minutes or so.

What was amazing, to me, was the tremendous amount of sunlight that appeared as Totality finished. Just a tiny sliver of actual sun turned darkness into almost a full, sunny, day.

richg99

The best show was on the ground...

IMG_1857.JPG

IMG_1856.JPG

I didn't hear anybody talking about this beforehand... must not have been well remembered...

Shaugh said:
The best show was on the ground...

View attachment 1

I didn't hear anybody talking about this beforehand... must not have been well remembered...

Agreed!!! A buddy of mine held up a plastic colander and every hole was a crescent.
Of course I can't find the photo, now. #-o

The shadows through the rustling leaves looked like waves of water, on the ground.. =D>

Latest posts