Edisto Inshore

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishinsMyLife

Reaction score
Hit the coast last week for some beach action as well as some fishing. I stayed on a small saltwater creek than dumped into the ocean a mile from where I was.

I had access to a kayak, so I set the minnow trap and caught the ultimate inshore bait: mudminnows.

I drifted, paddled, and fished the creek over its whole length about 3 times before I got the target fish figured out. I picked up one keeper redfish over an oyster bed (figured that out the next low tide) and one undersized rat red by a small concrete block pile. I put 2 and 2 together and anchored by a 25 yard stretch of a granite rock block wall with oysters all over it when the next low tide came in. Sure enough the fish were there. That pattern held true until a front pushed through two days ago. I still could catch one every time out, but the fish weren't biting in numbers. I left early this morning.

In all, I caught redfish, flounder, oyster toadfish (including a one eyed one-he was a mean lookin' mofo), sharks, and bluefish. All were caught out the kayak and had their picture taken on the dock/cleaning table.

Redfish1.jpg

Redfish2.jpg

Barefoot-no loafers, I'm afraid.

Redfish3.jpg

Redfish4.jpg

Redfish5.jpg

Redfish6.jpg

1st of all - really nice fish and way to use your head on finding the bite

However, I am very sad that there are:

1. No photos with loafers;
2. Nothing involving dead animal fur, and;
3. No crazy photos of your brother or friends!

Great job

1. I think I lost the lucky loafers :shock: but luckily I have a few backup pairs I'll have to wear fishing from now on.
2. Too hot for fur hats. My fishing license was in my fur wallet. I'll take a picture of that and a fish next time.
3. Sometimes you have to be a lone ranger. No one else there was hardcore enough to wait in the sun for fish with me, even though I was putting food on the table

:mrgreen:

fun, fun, fun...

Way to figure em out! Nice group of species too. =D>

No trout running around in there?

The winter we had supposedly had an impact on both the shrimp and trout populations. I didn't catch many shrimp at all in the cast net, and I didn't catch a trout. Both are intolerant to long periods of cold water, I guess. The fella at the marina said if you find any trout, it would be one on its own and you would be doing good to find that.

Latest posts