electrical question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those fuses as shown on that panel are supposed to be between the panel switch or connection and the item or the load!

Look at my diagram for the main feed, that is already fused within 8” from the battery, per ABYC guidelines. You do not need additional fuses on the other side.

IMHO, whomever wired that panel up sure made an absolute mess of it ...

Each one of the red lines at the bottoms are spade ends where the instruments connect. So I guess the fuses are between the switch and battery.

Everything is still working fine. The high-pitched noise has become more apparent in the light bar itself. Where as before, you really couldn't pin point where it was coming from. I did a quick google search for high pitch electrical noise in light bars and it seems to be a common problem. I am sure these are cheap light bars and maybe its just an issue with the construction. However, I did not have this issue until I connected it to the rocker panel. I am sure DaleH is on to something with resistance. Or possibly the switch has a poor connection.

Gary Roe said:
I use Bigsun spotlight but I lost my charging cord. where can I get another?

If it is a SLA battery, you can find them on Amazon or eBay, If a lithium battery, you will probably have to contact the manufacturer to get the correct charger.

InSaneFisherMan said:
Gary Roe said:

If it is a SLA battery, you can find them on Amazon or eBay, If a lithium battery, you will probably have to contact the manufacturer to get the correct charger.

I don't know where to get one but here is the info. from mine: AC ADAPTOR Model: BS0422000 Input: 100V-240V 50/60 Hz Ouput: 4.2VDC1.5A

Gary Roe said:
InSaneFisherMan said:
Gary Roe said:

I don't know where to get one but here is the info. from mine: AC ADAPTOR Model: BS0422000 Input: 100V-240V 50/60 Hz Ouput: 4.2VDC1.5A

Plenty of 1a and 2a on Amazon, but Lithium batteries, I wouldn’t recommend.

There is a least one on eBay or you can try the company:

E-mail: [email protected]
http://ibigsun.com/

2DA6DFC0-9826-4048-806C-BD4E8760E93F.jpeg

Latest posts