Fish finder installing on PT165?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quackrstackr said:
My boat is in storage on the other side of town but I will check the next time I'm there. It will probably be this weekend when I take it out for more prop testing / fishing.

Sounds good bro.. thx again :)

xmytruck said:
Did you run into any issues with the fuse panel? I notice yesterday that the fish finder light was flickering but once I placed it in demo mode it stop flickering. I also notice that I could see the behind the display when the light was on high.

thx

I had no problems with it hooked to the fuse panel. I don't have a Fishmark 320, I'm running a Humminbird PiranhaMAX 10 up front. If that makes any difference I dont know.

Well I called eagle to ask if the blinking was normal and if they were able to see a sliver thing in the left upper hand conner was normal. I actually stump the support person, he stated that he has never heard of this issue before. So he goes and gets a 320 and it does the exact same thing, so he asked a engineer why that was occuring. The engineer stated it was going into a search mode that requires more power. So by either making the unit go into demo mode or stopping the chart this prevents the sonar for going into search mode and the light stopped blinking. I must say outstanding support from eagle =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> .. As for the sliver thing in the left upper hand conner they stated that was normal.

Thx
x

Quick question did you guys drill a hole to run the wire or did you tuck them between bow and the floor?
thx
X

I used those adhesive zip tie mounts and zip ties to run mine under the rail. The gunnel rail on mine is pretty wide so you can't see the wire tucked under there.

I put a couple of quick connects at the closest point to the sonar so that I can remove the wire that came on the harness and transducer in the winter for duck season.

I kept on top and secured it with clips that I screwed to the decking

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

up front I took up that panel where the tm plug is and was able to fish the leads to the hole I drilled for the mount

IMG_1288.jpg

Hope this helps

Hello Guys
Just wanted to say thanks for all of the help. Check out the pics and let me know what you guys think I ran the wire between the bow and the bow panel, let me know if you guys think that will cause any issues?
Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 951
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 948
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 949
That should work.

My transducer cable from the tm just lays loose from the tm to the finder. They are on opposite sides of the bow. I was going to wind up with a large, loose loop regardless because of my setup.