Fish Finder Interference

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott1298

Reaction score
What are the odds I'll get interference if I hook my new ff to the same battery as my new trolling motor? It would be much simpler than buying/packing another battery.

Thx

Some do, some don't...all you can do it try it and see.
If it does give interference, you might think about a 2nd smaller battery like for a lawnmower on the finder.

I'm interested in this too. Looking at getting a new unit this week and deciding if I want to hook it up to my TM battery. My current unit (Eagle Cuda 300) is hooked up to the TM battery, not sure if there is interference or the unit will just not show fish. The only difference I can tell when I run the TM is the voltage change.

Get a 12v deer feeder battery if you do get interference off the TM battey. These are lightweight, and smaller than a lawnmower battery, and will power all but the big FF (gps/di/si) for several days before charging up.

Hope it works out.
I looked at your build thread, and it looks like you've got an HBird.
If you get interference you might try getting one of the newer power cords (if they have one for your finder) that has a built in "choke." Hbird also has a "kit" which is basically just a ferrite ring, that you can install too. Just call customer service.

This is interesting. I know a TM can cause some interference with a FF, but what about other accessories hooked to the same battery? I'm planning on TM, stereo, nav lights and interior lights all hooked to the same battery. Would the TM effect these like it would the FF?

I don't think that lights would be a problem, maybe a radio, but should be less sensitivity with those. Remember the old days when someone turned on a blender in the kitchen and you got lines on the tv but the lights would stay on? That's what it'll be like if you get TM interference... but you won't be able to just yell at your mom/wife to "turn that thing off!" :LOL2:

Latest posts