Fish the potomac in Va

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishMar74

Reaction score
Anyone on here fish the potomac river?
That will probally be my main fishing area since im only about 45mins from the ramp at leesylvania.

Well i wouldnt eat anything that came from there.. but there is some great fishing near the wilson bridge where the dumped the concrete from the old bridge its called "the spoils". smalls are caught near powerplant water dumps. If i were you id make the drive and fish Lake anna. some amazing fishing there.

the potomac is one of the best fisherys in the country.
the frog fishing can be awesome if you know what your doing
good luck

I have to agree...one of the best fishierys I'v fished. I didn't get a chance to fish it last yr. but hope to get there this yr. It's a 90 minute drive for me. I put in at Smallwood park or another ramp (can't remember the name)on the Mattawoman.

Travis91 said:
Well i wouldnt eat anything that came from there.. but there is some great fishing near the wilson bridge where the dumped the concrete from the old bridge its called "the spoils". smalls are caught near powerplant water dumps. If i were you id make the drive and fish Lake anna. some amazing fishing there.
When was the last time you fished anna? Did you fish the public or private side? only reason I ask is anna's nick name is one fish anna, and its not because fishing is good there. Ive only fished it a hand full of times, on the public side, and never had a bite, I did see one bass caught there once though :lol:

Latest posts