fishing Flamingo, 7/15

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captdan

Reaction score
Sorry for the late report. Have been caught up with moving and getting everything in order, plus we dont have internet set up at the house yet.....

Anywhos, here goes:

After what seems like the longest drought I have ever had from fishing, I got to go fish Flamingo friday with my buddy An on his Maverick HPX. Made my way to his place by 5am and off we went.

I have lived vicariously thru his reports as well of some of my other miami friends, and the reports of great red-fishing had me excited. We made the ramp by 630, did the chinese-fire-drill to avoid the vampires, and off to find some tails.

Conditions were perfect, smooth water on the flats with lots of life (sharks, mullet, etc). Within minutes we see a nice school of reds.... An polled me up for the cast and the fluke was inhaled immediately. Wonderful way to get the rust off!
IMG_1502.jpg

First one went 25 inches...

We worked the school for a little while, my budding getting himself a 20 incher... amidst the mayhem, I grabbed another rod that had a ba-donk-a-donk and got in on some topwater action. First cast was rewarded with a monter red blowing the plug several feet into the air, followed by a 20 incher chasing her down.
IMG_1503.jpg

An picked off another one as the school moved off....

We kept working around the mullet schools and was reqarded with some mid slot trout, including this 19.5 incher.
IMG_1505.jpg

We ran to another flat to see if we could find some tailers, but only found this trout sitting in about 7 inches of water... I casted the fluke about 10 ft past him and dragged it by his face... He couldnt resist and sucked it down like a candy bar.
IMG_1506.jpg

We left and hit up another flat not too far off that looked to have some activity far off in the distance. With conditions starting to turn (lots of rain coming), An polled us quickly and efficiently towards the school. Another long cast resulted in the 27 incher
IMG_1507.jpg

We would have had several more shots if the darn school didnt turn directly towards us and split around the boat.

A great day on the water and cant wait to finish unpacking from our move so I can get a couple more days on the water. SW Florida, get ready!

Latest posts