gasoline

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txneal

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to outboards and am hoping to keep mine in top condition for as long as possible, so I'm hoping some of you guys might be willing to offer up some of your knowledge and experience concerning gasoline. I've read through a lot of posts on the subject here and understand that ethanol is considered a big problem sometimes, so I'd like to learn more about that.
My motor is a 1973 25hp Evinrude Sportster. The motor has been running really good for me and I'd like to keep it that way. My gas tank holds 6 gallons and I tend to fill it all the way full before I take the boat to the lake. However, it is sometimes a long period of time between trips to the lake, so I have been dumping my gas tank out and refilling it with fresh gas if it sits more than a few weeks. Maybe I should just not put so much gas in each time #-o

Anyway, I'm wondering if there is a particular additive that everyone agrees is the way to go; or any other helpful hints about keeping the gas fresh would be most appreciated.

Depending on the time of the year I could have a mix of 3 additives. Seafoam in the spring and most of the season. Then in the winter it's startron. Sometimes I will add sta-bil.