Google Sketch-up Lay out tool

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ked_man

Reaction score
I have started playing with a 3-d design tool and figured I'd try to mock up a boat on it. Has anybody ever used it before?

If not, its kinda tricky to get the hang of, I watched a few tutorial videos on the basics and then just played around with it from there.

This is my dream boat I guess, a 1756 CC with a 60 Hp.

5bfb526d-a216-4cfb-b27d-8ccf397df1af.jpg

bb6df5d0-1952-4d17-bc66-b5e57cca4bb4.jpg

b0733d30-8d9e-4786-a933-6747f7d7b4d4.jpg

I made some templates of a 1648 jon, a 1436 jon, and this 1756 semi-v and uploaded them to the site. If you want to play around with it, its free and pretty fun to be able to rotate the project in any direction and really see how it fits together before you invest a lot of time and money finding out something doesn't fit.

What template is that? BTW that looks awesome!!! Going to try to make a mockup of my boat as well.

-Jacob

If you search through the components for Jon boat they should pop up. That one I did on the 1756 template. I didn't do the motor though, I found that one.

Ive tried using that program for my woodworking and for the life of me, I cant figure it out. I love the drawings that others come up with though.

Latest posts