Graph mount

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, I just swapped out both Johnny Ray mounts for the Ram mounts. I'm pretty happy with the switch, with the exception of running the center console in rough water. Still, the fix works great, so happy with everything now.

The 106SV is a heavy unit and mine with slowly lower itself in choppy water. I ended up fabricating a little PVC box that goes over the ram mount. It has a hole in it that allows the ball on the GPS to go below and connect to the RAM so that it’s setting securely on the PVC base.

EDIT:
It’s a little hard to explain. Here is a picture:

View attachment 121784

Sorry about the messy console. This was a hasty solution after being out in the Bay when it was rough. It may not be pretty but it's rock- solid. I'll probably add a little lip to the front so I can throw keys and such in there. When I switch boats, I bring my units with me, and I am very happy with my Garmin network. It's a great setup for both freshwater and saltwater.

Creative solution. You could just use the box without the Ram mount.

Last edited:
cheap here.... I screwed a plastic ammo can to a pole holder that fits in a oarlock... not noticeable, protection from the elements and a sun/glare shield, swivel and tilt..
View attachment 121798
Gotta love home geown inginuity ! And easyto remove and take it with you !

I appreciate everyone's input. I like the maneuverability of the RAM mount but also like the low profile of the Johnny Ray. Maybe I will look into just the shorter version of the RAM. That would keep it more stable it sounds like vs the longer model and also still prove all the movement and then some of what I could ever want or need.