Gravel bar pics

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhoganjr

Reaction score
Give you all some amusement. Lower Black River about 37 or so miles below Clearwater dam last Wednesday Dec. 4. Came around the bend and thought the river curved to the right. Bank and gravel bar started closing in so I tried to turn and come back out. Boat turned sideways and rode the wake in. It set down in about an inch of water.

I saw movement on the bank, turned out to be a guy and his dog on a 4 wheeler. He went and got his neighbor and we hooked the front rope to his 4 wheeler and the other guy pushed with his.

Don't know if I could have gotten it out without their help. No damage, got the motor trimmed up in time.

Nothing hurt but my pride. #-o

Attachments

• 2013-12-04_15-30-16_74.jpg
    2013-12-04_15-30-16_74.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,588
  • 2013-12-04_15-30-05_878.jpg
    2013-12-04_15-30-05_878.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,588
  • 2013-12-04_15-30-26_411.jpg
    2013-12-04_15-30-26_411.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,588
  • 2013-12-04_15-30-47_203.jpg
    2013-12-04_15-30-47_203.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,588
Stuff happens. Lol

I love that boat.

I run black river below clearwater all the time.
Maybe we'll meet in our ventures one day.

How do you see with object at the bottom of the grab bar in the way?

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=336339#p336339 said:
Lil' Blue Rude » 11 Dec 2013, 18:26[/url]"]Glad to here everything was ok.
Paul Marx said:
That boat has got to fly.
I'd race it. lol :mrgreen: How does it run with that 250?

Just finished the break-in on that trip. Have 9.8 hrs on it so far. Have run WOT about 4 times, about 30 to 45 seconds each time. Seen 49 mph on gps twice.

It runs 30 around 3500 rpms. Have 2, 12 gallon tanks and ran the first one out at 53 miles.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=336346#p336346 said:
DrNip » 11 Dec 2013, 20:17[/url]"]How do you see with object at the bottom of the grab bar in the way?

That is my gigging rail light reflector, it is only on the boat from October to January. Most time is spent idling around holes gigging fish at night. When running between holes I usually put my knee in the seat and can easily see over it.

Zigged when you should have zagged :)

That great man.. good to see im not the only one scared to admit and show ive been high and dry pumping sand!!

Got any picts of the de-beaching procedure?

Looks almost identical to my buddies boat last year on the Cabin Fever Fun Run. Took six or seven of us to get it pushed back in to the water. His boat's a 1960 with a 250HO Etec so it's a heavy sucker.

Attachments

• legendbeached.jpg
    legendbeached.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,320
That looks like fun. What other options do you guys have for getting stuck like that? Come-a-long or Rope and pulleys to a kedge anchor or tree? I wonder if you could set the jet foot down on a pile or rubble or a big rock and rotate the hull around on it? Shovel to dig it out?

Looks like a bad place to park regardless.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=336569#p336569 said:
Ranchero50 » 21 minutes ago[/url]"]That looks like fun. What other options do you guys have for getting stuck like that? Come-a-long or Rope and pulleys to a kedge anchor or tree? I wonder if you could set the jet foot down on a pile or rubble or a big rock and rotate the hull around on it? Shovel to dig it out?

This is why I have been considering buying a small 12V winch to carry along in the boat. I definitely have enough anchor lines, etc, I could tie off to a tree and winch my way off the shoal (hopefully)

I always figured I could get my hull up on some smaller chunks of driftwood and work it back to deeper water. I also know that I can pick up a good bit of my boat to get something under a corner.

I just wonder how a guy with a 700lb motor is going to get his back to where it'll float. Gawd forbid having to abandon my boat because it got stuck...

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=336574#p336574 said:
Ranchero50 » Today, 14:37[/url]"]I always figured I could get my hull up on some smaller chunks of driftwood and work it back to deeper water. I also know that I can pick up a good bit of my boat to get something under a corner.

I just wonder how a guy with a 700lb motor is going to get his back to where it'll float. Gawd forbid having to abandon my boat because it got stuck...

Yep, my boat weighs around 1100-1200 lbs. No picking that up and dragging it back to the water. I really do need to consider a winch....

Hello out there.......I like the look of yur boat and moter but i woodnot want to put gas init................Bad enough feeding a big moter with a prop onit let alone a big moter with a jet onit.......WOW

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=336807#p336807 said:
smackdaddy53 » Today, 00:40[/url]"]I wonder how it would slide on a few sticks of 2" pvc pipe?

If you were rolling it over concrete, that would work great. I have moved gun safes that weighed 1000+ pounds by using pipes, rolling over concrete, so, the concept does work. But I have doubts about how it would work on a soft surface like sand with gravel/cobble, every rock would be an obstacle for the pipes to jam against, instead of rolling.

Latest posts