Grizzly 1448!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coreyprashaw

Reaction score
Guys, what are your thoughts on the tracker grizzlys? I have a tracker topper, but I've heard some awful things about the grizzly's. It seems they have problems with the welds, and it's a shame because I can get a grizzly for like 300 more than the topper 1542. Any feedback would be great!

I had a Grizzly 1448 for three years with heavy use and no problems. Loved the boat but sold it to buy a Grizzly 1754 for more room and horsepower. I've had the 1754 sense 2010 same heavy use and no prblems other than the rivets that hold the interior floor down. I had a few rivets bust so I changed out every rivet with a heavier rivet, problem solved. The grizzly's are good boats in my opinion!

Yea, and I'm just not sure if it's just general product issues or what. But you put 10 guys in a room and talk about cars and one of them is bound to say chevy sucks. So I just want to see what the ratio between good turnouts with these and bad turnouts.

I have one, could only be happier if it was a 1754. Built like a tank. They all make a bad one every now and then. You'll see complaints about them all. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again, and more than likely will. Check out my build thread on this board. I say go for it.

Well a deal has come up. But without a trailer. It's a 1548 mod v. Would this be able to fit on a trailer that was made for a 12-14 foot boat, such as the harbor freight trailer?

One probably could pull it off but I wouldn't be the one to try it. The boat would be too long and too wide for the trailer in a box.

It's just tough looking for used marine products in the area. I've searched craigslist for the past 2 years looking for something like this and nothing has shown up. That's the main reason I'm going new with the hull.

I hear ya. Around here is hard finding things too. If it was me and it was a sweet deal I would snag the boat and figure out a trailer later.

Where are you located? I've seen two trailers for 14' - 16' boats on CL today for approximately $450. I bought mine new for less than $600. I would think it might cost more to make one than to buy one, unless you have material already available.

I live in NY, about 10 mins from the Northern Canadian border. Jons and trailers are just a rare thing around here.

Latest posts