Guest on board charger question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-MAN

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2 bank guest series pro charger for my boat. The manual says for a single 12 volt system or for 2 12 batteries ran parallel to connect both sets of leads to a single batterie if you only have 1 batterie to charge. The picture below is the thing I'm not sure of. I want to make sure I'm supposed to hook both sets of leads to 1 batterie. Any help appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 305
That's what it say's to do and you cant argue with instructions, you can cuss at them but you cant argue with them LOL....

fixinthatup said:
That's what it say's to do and you cant argue with instructions, you can cuss at them but you cant argue with them LOL....

Yeah lol I guess I've just never heard of hooking both sets of cables to one batterie

for one 12v battery,

by connecting both red leads to the '+' and both black leads to the '-', the charger is 'doubleing' the amps to the single 12v, thus chargeing the battery more quickly.

If your charger is a 'smart' charger, the charger should automatic adjust and not over-charge your battery.

Fred

shootandfish1 said:
for one 12v battery,

by connecting both red leads to the '+' and both black leads to the '-', the charger is 'doubleing' the amps to the single 12v, thus chargeing the battery more quickly.

If your charger is a 'smart' charger, the charger should automatic adjust and not over-charge your battery.

Fred

It says that you can leave it unattended and it will not hurt the battery. it is a guest pro charger 2611 i picked it up on cl for 35 bucks with no manual so i had to find it online

Latest posts