Here we go again!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to high jack the thread but i also have a question my trailer is about 2' shorter then the end of my boat,i cant move anythng farther forward then i already have it. My bottom bunks do go to the end of the trailer, I tried a transom saver but because the boat over hangs the trailer the angle was to much. Any suggestions, or should I start saving for a bigger trailer for my 18' Jon boat.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=321263#p321263 said:
Inkd » Today, 09:50[/url]"]Sorry to high jack the thread but i also have a question my trailer is about 2' shorter then the end of my boat,i cant move anythng farther forward then i already have it. My bottom bunks do go to the end of the trailer, I tried a transom saver but because the boat over hangs the trailer the angle was to much. Any suggestions, or should I start saving for a bigger trailer for my 18' Jon boat.

At the very least extend your bunks to the transom. Every time you hit a bump on the road you are denting your bottom further and further.

Thank you Ranchero50, I should have been more clearer I do have a row of rollers down the center and I was told that the majority of the weight should rest on the rollers, so I did raise the rollers to accomplish that. Here are a couple of pics to give you a better idea of what i'm dealing with.

Attachments

• TrailerRear.jpg
    TrailerRear.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 519
  • TrailerFront.jpg
    TrailerFront.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 519
You're gonna need a longer trailer for that boat. If that were a V bottom I might agree with what you were told about the rollers but for a flat bottom jon boat you should have the weight resting on long flat bunks IMO.

Yes that trailer is too small for that boat..

And to the OP.. Transom savers are ok to use without power t&t.. But you have to ratchet strap the motor down so it can't come out of the saver yoke.. I do it with my 30 merc, the weight is on the trailer, not the boat and it doesn't move at all.

Inld just extend the tongue.
&
Yes I use the transom saver with my 9.8 Nissan and have yet to have a problem.