Holiday sweet tooth?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Here's a couple of things my wife always makes during the holidays, mostly to give away (grandkids, family, friends), but I eat bit of it myself :) :

No Name Peppermint candy:
- White Bark Coating (found in baking section of grocery)
- Peppermint candy canes
1) Melt the white bark coating in a double-boiler pan, or heat water in a large pan, and set a smaller pan in the hot water and melt the bark coating.
2) Take candy canes and crush them in a plastic bag (we use a 1 gallon zip-lock bag) using a hammer. Don't beat it to a powder, but leave small chunks.
3) Mix crushed peppermint canes into the melted bark coating, then spread about 1/8" thick on a cookie sheet which has been covered with non-stick aluminum foil (non-stick side up). Let cool thoroughly then break into random pieces (kinda like peanut brittle).

White Bark coated Ritz Crackers w/peanut butter:
- White Bark Coating
- Ritz Crackers
- Peanut Butter
1) melt Bark coating as done in above recipe
2) Spread peanut butter on between two ritz crackers, then dip in the melted bark coating.
3) Set out to cool & harden coating
4) Eat :)

3rd recipe: Dip pretzels into the bark coating for an additional treat.

- If bark coating starts to harden while working, set the pan back into the pan of hot water to re-soften the bark coating.
- You can substitute the White Bark coating for Chocolate if desired.

Enjoy! 8)

My wife does some similar stuff for the holidays, the one that gets me in trouble every year is.

Take your favorite peanut butter cookie recipe, instead of smashing them down with a fork, bake them as they are when you put them on the pan, then right when they come out of the oven push a mini candy bar into the center. Reeses PB cups are the best.

Latest posts