homemade sternlights

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegr8cody

Reaction score
i just bought a sternlight for.my boat and im gonna see if i can find an led light to swap out the "906" bulb. im gonna do some night fishing and only have one battery so im gonna try to rig up something with an led flashlight hopefully. aanybody ever done something similar? ive seen a few wuth small white bottles and flashlights. was hoping for something a lil cleaner looking.

If want to build yourself check with radio shack they sell LED of different voltages and colors. If trying to hard wire to where old bulb was odds are LED flash light bulb is not going to be 12v. It's going to be 3-6 volts. Depending on how many batteries it takes.
I would get LED light assembly sold for that purpose. I seen here, our local boat dealers stock them.
Not have to do any extra rigging, buying flash light batteries, and use such small amount of power would not be concerned about additional battery draw.
https://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/category/lighting/navigation/led

well first im gonna see if i can find an actual led bulb that will replace the one thats in it. if.not i was just gonna use the whole.flashlight and the white cap off of my light for now to keep from draining my trolling motor batter