Humminbird 565 sonar good buy???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron2000

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade fishfinders from an old garmin 100 to a Humminbird 565. I just wondereded if anybody had any luck with this brand and or model. I'm putting the old fish finder on the front deck of my 14' jon boat and the new one on the back. Will Having 2 transducers on the transom hurt anything?? Thanks for the feed back.

I've got a Humminbird 727 in the front, and that transducer is on the front trolling motor. I like it, but I wish there were a few more features that I could go in and change manually. I think my next FF will be a Lowrance.

As far as having 2 transducers on the transom - I don't think there would be much interference, just make sure you set them far apart from each other enough so that they don't overlap in signal.

Why not put one up front so you can see what you're going over.. that is if you have a trolling motor on the front

Well i finally put my 565 on last weekend and tested it out last night at the lake. I had my jon boat up to 32 mph and the depth still read on the screen. I think that where and how i mounted it on the transom should be fine except for the rooster tail it shoots up. i guess i can live with that. i'm going to play around with it today and see if i can find some fish. Does anybody know anything about paddle wheels for fish finders and who well they work??? the paddle wheel i have is about 5 - 6 mph faster than the reading from my gps. just wondered which one i should believe?? any replies would be great, thanks... Aaron

the GPS will be the one to use but to get the true reading you need to run a straight line for a mile or so to be sure..

Wayne

Latest posts