if you had to choose 3 rifles...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.44 Mag so I can take down about anything

.30-30 for Short shots

and a good .22LR for anything else

thats what Id pick for ease of finding ammo and in a pinch hand reloading when you got the stuff or when needed

Well guys this is an ongoing choice I think Bailey Boat has the right idea with me its a 280 remington 2400 with everything from a 110 to a 280 I have it scoped for 200 yards and for deer or moose this thing is incredible given the choice though first would be a 22/250 second a 12 gauage Ithica pump and thirdley a 280 remington autoload

Marlin 39A lever action, 22 CB, short, long, long rifle, or shotshell, cycles them all with no issues.

Marlin 1894P 44 mag lever action, compact, lightweight, and more than enough power to bust through thick brush and knock down anything that moves, especially with 300 grain bullets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLRqWx5YI94 (skip to 5:20 in the video to see the Marlin)

HK "MSG93" .223 caliber HK-93 with PSG-1 stock, set trigger, light bipod, and 100-500 yd BDC scope with illuminated reticle. Also has a NV scope, for hunting things that go 'bump' in the night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaEXPlvZXC8
(same video as before, but skip to 6:45 to see the HK wearing out a steel plate at 200 yards)

I have a hard time limiting it to 3 thats why I own over 30 firearms. But my three favorites are my Remington 7600 30.06 then my Marlin 336 30.30 100 yr anniversary model my dad bought me new in 1970 then my Browning A-Bolt varmint in 243wssm talk about a fast round. Then theres my Browning bar in 30.06 and my blr in 308 oh and my savage 308 almost forgot my winchester 30.06. Did someone mention handguns

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=333569#p333569 said:
longshot » Today, 18:30[/url]"]I have a hard time limiting it to 3 thats why I own over 30 firearms. But my three favorites are my Remington 7600 30.06 then my Marlin 336 30.30 100 yr anniversary model my dad bought me new in 1970 then my Browning A-Bolt varmint in 243wssm talk about a fast round. Then theres my Browning bar in 30.06 and my blr in 308 oh and my savage 308 almost forgot my winchester 30.06. Did someone mention handguns

Sounds about like me! I had to quit collecting guns because I ran out of room in my safe! Anyhow, I, too, am a big fan of the 30-06, that's why I own a Winchester 670 with a Sheperd scope, a Santa Barbara Mauser with an old Bausch & Lomb scope, and my Garand.

If you think the 243 is fast, have you ever shot a 30-06 'accelerator' round? 4000+ FPS!

It acheives this velocity by using a 30 caliber plastic sabot to hold a .223 projectile. Since the bullet is not in contact with the rifling, there is less wear on the barrel, and extremely high velocities. They still make this round for a factory load. But you can buy sabots and load your own (if you reload)

I have accelerators for .308 and .300 Win Mag, as well. The 300 Win Mag accelerator round velocity is so fast, my chrono won't even clock it! And it makes an ungodly sound when it cracks the sound barrier. LOL

Here it is on one of my shooting videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaEXPlvZXC8

(Skip to 4:10 to watch the chronograph have a conniption, LMAO)

My 243 is about 4000fps its a winchester Super Short magnum real hard to get ammo but fun to shoot. It was a shot show limited model its stainless with a laminated stock

300 mag Remington 700 for long range.
45/70 Marlin guide gun for up close brush hunting.
22mag Marlin bolt for the small stuff. (I know you said no rim fire but they are the most versatile bullets around!)

Although I own a number of centerfire rifles I only "need" one . In the past 23 years my M1A has done everything I've asked of it & has never let me down....... Don't any of y'all breathe a word of this to my wife about me needing only one rifle........

This thread is worthless w/o pics !

I already have the best all-around repeating rifle ever made, a 1930s Savage model 99 in .300 Sav. It is light and balanced nicely, it handles and carries easily, it comes to the shoulder naturally and I've taken many deer from 10 to 350 yrds w it. With 150grn standard hunting rounds it kills quickly w/o as much damage to meat as faster, higher powered calibers IMO.

I would like to have a new Savage Varmit rifle in .223 to shoot Coyotes

My third choice would be a nice AR in .308 or .223 (both if I were rich)

Rem 700 30-06
Marlin 22 mag
Rem 870 Wingmaster
You can take just about any game in North America with this combo

A drillings 3 barreled rifle, in any 3 calibers you want. Might be a tad heavy at 6-9 lbs, depending on calibers, but you could have one gun for any "critter" you might come across in the woods.

I'll take it to the next step and make it what I currently own

Ruger American Carbine in 22 Mag for my small choice even though rimfire was excluded. :)
(no photo of it yet)

Remington 788 Carbine in .243 is my medium choice
photo12.jpg

And the third is tough.. Too many choices that would fit perfectly as the large rifle.

I'll go with what shot my avatar..
Remington 700BDL Varmint in 7mm-08
7.jpg

I'd love to post photos, but the 800 pixel limit would require me to downsize everything since mine are all saved at 1200..

paper said:
I'd love to post photos, but the 800 pixel limit would require me to downsize everything since mine are all saved at 1200..

That limit was just removed

This one is an attachment

goes-12-firstimage-large081701.jpg

this one is a direct link

goes-12-firstimage-large081701.jpg

and the picture is 2340 x 2300 so post away :)

Alphawolf said:
paper said:

That limit was just removed

and the picture is 2340 x 2300 so post away :)

Excellent, and thank you!!! =D>

I would take: 1. Ruger Mini 14 (5.56) (may change this to an AR as I get more familiar with mine) for the ready availability to scavenge ammo;
2. Bolt-action .30-06 (ready access to ammo and a do-all cartridge); and
3. I would bypass the third rifle for a 12 gauge pump shotgun with multiples of slugs, buckshot, and birdshot ammo.