It's here

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Popeye said:
I just picked up a new Ruger SR9c last night

SR9c.jpg

Last night I took it apart and cleaned it up from all the shipping grease and hope to get to the range today after my doctor appointment.

Great choice Andy, how did the Judge work out for you????

I really like both guns. The Judge has it's place (on top of my headboard loaded with 3 rounds 000 Buck and 2 rounds of 225gr JHP). Also is great in the field along the river bottom in Texas where the pesky water moccasins seem to hang out. SR9c will be my CCW weapon (when in states that honor my Utah non-res CCW permit), as my Star 30M is a little large for CCW.

Popeye said:
I really like both guns. The Judge has it's place (on top of my headboard loaded with 3 rounds 000 Buck and 2 rounds of 225gr JHP). Also is great in the field along the river bottom in Texas where the pesky water moccasins seem to hang out. SR9c will be my CCW weapon (when in states that honor my Utah non-res CCW permit), as my Star 30M is a little large for CCW.
Illinois is finally breaking down on CCW - McClean county states attorney whet on record in stating he will not prosecute UUW offense laws that are in opposition to the supreme courts ruling on second amendment rights.... the flood gate is opened, CCW will be a reality for Illinois soon - the last state to finally come around:)

Popeye said:
As a former LEO, your opinion on CCW?

Never was in favor of it - didn't want everyone I dealt with to maybe have a gun... Still have mixed emotions about it actually. But the stats show overwhelmingly that states that have CCW have lower gun crimes BUT - ha, I always figured stats are manipulated - for instance, a state that changed to allow CCW doesn't have as many arrests for gun carrying offenses since it became legal - so, the arrests went down, thus, less gun offenses - thus lower gun related offenses in the stats??? = So. they claim that allowing CCW lowered the gun crimes = a misnomer?

But, there are plenty of studies that show less gun violence in CCW states too - so, less arrests for gun violations, AND, apparently, less arrests for gun violence. - NOTE - the difference between gun VIOLATIONS and gun VIOLENCE!

It's hard for me to really weigh in on this topic since I carried for over 30 years and can still carry as a retired LEO nation wide under federal laws.

Like earlier said - I carry legally all the time, not used to anyone being able to carry now - when working, I always worried about some ******** I was dealing with having a gun, now I have to worry about any upstanding citizen carrying - when drunk, high, road rage, etc. - just makes every situation a gun situation?

So, bottom line, I don't like the idea of everyone I come in contact with maybe having a gun, - Ha, I used to be the only one to have one - except the bad guys, now the tables have turned (or will be soon in Illinois) anyone might have one - and I only hope they are sensible about it???

Whew, long winded answer and not even sure if I explained my position well?? Ha, anyone else reading this must remember that I am in Illinois where gun carrying has never been a common practice or allowed, unlike most other states where it has always been the norm.. so, don't get on my case about it please - especially you Tennessee boys??? :) :) :)

Good news. We go to the Springfield mile motorcycle race every year and its always a pita to stop at the line to put the guns up.

The few leos I've talked to about it said it made them alittle more at ease when they see the permit. Trash ain't going to go threw all the trouble, $$, and time to legally carry a pistol, but I completely understand your position having to deal with trash on a daily basis.

I carry concealed or open where and when I can in Illinois and open carry when visiting friends in Wisconsin.

Popeye said:
Joe,

Understand your point of view. So you still carry right?

I always have a gun in the door pocket of my car, I carry it on my person depending on where I am and what I am doing. So, not 100% of the time on my person, but it is always available :)

Latest posts