Leaf spring mounts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bugpac said:
actually the trailer is setting lower with the shackles that way, properly will raise it about 2".

The new springs will probably lower the trailer those 2 inches, with the correct shackle setup it should end up the same height.

Upon further tear down I discoverd the reason the back was riding so high, the 9' long tongue had a bend in it. A new piece of 2x2 tubing will be replacing it.

Bugpac said:
actually the trailer is setting lower with the shackles that way, properly will raise it about 2".

Why do you say that? I would assume the extra arch in the springs from the shackle being bound up forward would lift the trailer.

Maybe, but i doubt it. with the shackles set properly your gonna move the mount of the spring down a good 2", and add a new not wore out spring I am guessing it will raise, Ill be curious to see what does happen.

You know if the rust didnt look the way it does on the axle and on leaf spring, I would say that maybe it had a slipper leaf spring on it at one time. Just maybe a thought.