live well

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drum

Reaction score
I have 10' 36" sears, how or where can I put a live well?
or should I make one out of an ice chest with a bubbler?
as I don't want to be crowed.

Here's my two cents. I would think anywhere in a 10 foot boat you put a live well or cooler you will be crowded. I have a 15 foot with the live well built into the center seat. When I bought the boat I thought that is so cool. It did not take long before I turned it into storage. I don't like a crowded boat I don't competition bass fish and only save enough fish for a meal or two. So I like the storage and have plenty of stringers or basket to put the fish in and put them over the side clearing up space. As for live bait a good ole minnow bucket. Has two duties holds minnows and for the time you can't get out of the boat it's a porta potty. Just my take on a cluder free boat. One other thing I learn was everytime I put water in the live well the wind kicked up and while traveling across the lake the water would sloash out filling the boat up with water. Have always been a fan of water being on the outside of the boat not the inside.

An ice chest with a bag of ice is a great alternative.

Latest posts