Livewell suggestions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I just went to their website, and I can't find it.

Look under the brands on the bottom left, and then under Tracker Marine...I'll see if I can find it and post a link.

EDIT: https://greatlakesskipper.com/product/5_267_316-boat-deck-and-docking-hardware-live-wells/13483-tracker-marine-group-tracker-25-gallon-boat-poly-livewell-w-cover.html

I am planning on putting a live weel in the rear of my boat when I build my rear deck. Lonb - what sort of lids are you going to use to keep the water from sloshing around in that one?

bulldog said:
I am planning on putting a live weel in the rear of my boat when I build my rear deck. Lonb - what sort of lids are you going to use to keep the water from sloshing around in that one?

I'm not really positive yet. Right now, I'm leaning toward using an ABS material. A local RV surplus shop sells sheets of it pretty cheap, and it's about 3/16 thick. I thought of rivitting aluminum angle around the perimeter to form a hatch. Then add some foam or rubber gasket around the edges...

That was my plan anyhow.

I too am trying to figure out some sort of removable cooler/livewell option that won't require any news holes in the boat. That thing from Cabela's looks like it will fit the bill nicely.

Here is my rough thought on my livewell:

I am building a rear deck in my boat and I want a livewell the width of the boat. I want this livewell to be divided in half so
i can use one side as a cooler and one side as a livewell or both as livewells in a tournament. Both sides will be made of aluminum and insulated or just make a frame and put 2 of the same sized coolers in. I have to have some sort of drain, filler, and aeration. It is still in the whole "imagination" stage but it will be done by Spring.

I'm interested to see what you do and how it works.

Latest posts