looking at a jet convesion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's ultimately up to you but there are several guys around me that run a 40 hp mercury jet on there alumacraft mv with no problems

i love the open floor of this new boat, would like to set it up stick steer.

i also like the decking and the way i have my alumacraft rigged up. i would have to raise the transom 5 inches for the alumacraft. may just have two boats now - one for prop areas and one for jet. one things for sure, the bottom of this fisher is dinged up, i wouldnt cringe everytime i scraped or bumped something like i do the alumacraft.

Glad to hear you finally found one. If you can afford it and have the room, I'd keep both. Best of both worlds, like you said the boat is already beat up so you'll be able to get even farther in the shallows and to fishing spots others paddle to. Use the prop for the lakes for longer runs and heavy chop.

If nothing else keep the Fisher long enough to learn how to run a jet and learn how shallow it will run and what they are capable of. If you haven't run or dealt with jets much it is best to start off with a beat up hull anyway. If you hit something, no big loss.

Keep us updated, have fun with it.

Latest posts