Looks like a Good Project-What do you think?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigredxlt

Reaction score
Even though I just picked up a project, I just ran across this one. Looks like it has a ton of potential. I really hope that these pictures were taken before he re-did the transom and decks because they look terrible. What do you guys think?

https://delaware.craigslist.org/boa/4293521508.html

Looks like a lot of work, plus a dead motor sitting around. But, there is a lot of potential.

Yeah it would get gutted immediately, and that $850 would need to come down at least a few hundred. If the controls work it would be worth it, but thats just wishful thinking.

The motor, even not working is worth a couple hundred bucks with the controls on craigslist to the right person for a rebuild or parts motor. Even putting it low, say its worth $200. Trailer its on is worth $200 at least. So $400 for a nice 16' aluminum boat isnt a bad price. But it looks like alot of work. I would offer him $500 and go from there, try to get a couple hundred knocked off.

Saw the same boat and liked it's potential. If spring wasn't around the corner I probably would have picked it up and sold my current one. Looks like a nice wide boat.

Delaware boat, check it carefully for corrosion. Bought one once that was paper-thin in spots, with lots of pinholes. Bad problem, I ended up selling, rather than buy panels and get them TIG'd.

But if the structure checks out, it's probably a fair deal even for $800. BETTER to get it for $500, of course.

-TH

This boat is still out there... It gets me every time I browse craigslist. It really looks like it's begging for attention. Did you happen to see it in person?

Its a good project at 400-500, not 850. With a used boat in that kind of condition you are buying the motor, and getting the hull free or for very little.