Lure Tamer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since i kept the lat small one I decided to review it myself

I agree 100 percent with what Bryce said. If I play with the Lure Tamer a little more I might be able to truly make it a one hand pop open operation.

PROS:
Built Solid
Excellent design concept. (holds the lure and line perfectly)
Love the hanger since I dont have to worry about putting it through the hook hanger or guides. I just attach it right to the reel handle.

CONS:
None I have identified yet (Remember Im still frozen over here). I dont anticipate any issues with it, But if so I will update here.

This one is a no brainer...If your like me who notices every tiny scratch on your rods and reels, this is worth the investment. All you really need is one for each of your setups and you never have to worry about Snags again.

DR Wrote:

I agree with Bryce to a point.

Pros: The hooks stay out of the way.

Cons: Hard to open, and their is no place to hang big plastic hook. I want put it in one of the eyes and I want hook it on a reel. The hook keepers are to small.

So, what to do from here with it? Fill it full of candy, hang it, and hit it with a stick?

D.R.

And then he wrote:

I put a short loop of line on the plastic hook. Problem solved. I am using it on a Kistler 69APC so it works out fine with the hook hanger that is on the rod.

D.R.

ICEFISHER15 Wrote:

Pros-The pole with the lure tamer on it does not get all tangled up in a mess with all of the other rods thrown in the back of the truck. Don't have the worry of three sets of big trebles slicing up my rod. Holds rather big lures, big Super Spooks, big jerkbaits,etc. Seems strong, doesnt feel that it will shatter into pieces if stepped on.

Cons- Will have to use this more then the couple times ive tried it out, maybe one is that it wont hold big propped baits since the props are too wide, such as the wounded zara spook.

I plan on getting more of these to cover each outfit, its a good product in my eyes and should deffinetely save many disasters from occuring in the truck.

An older post (Feb 07) but I'll add mytwo cents worth: I have a set of the LureTamers and use them all the time. Great product, especially when I'm just fishing from the bank and transporting my rods in the pickup bed, or in the backseat occasionally. The LureTamers keep the hooks from snagging the seats,clothing, etc., plus while the rods are in storage in the garage rack, I dont have to worry about my grandkids getting snagged if they're near the rods, due to the LureTamers. :D . A functional product!

Updated post with pic 1-25-08:
luretamer4.JPG

i have quite a few of these, and they work pretty well. i use them on my crankbait and jerkbait rods while im in transit. theyre a touch tough to open esp if its cold out and the plastic is stiff.
i dont like the plastic hanger. i have nice rods and reels, and i dont like having anything hang on them, esp on the handle and top of the reel, and very esp not on any of the guides.
i dont use them while im on my boat though, as they catch wind and tend to slap at my rod, no matter how i have it mounted, and i like the finish of my rods to stay as nice as possible.

Latest posts