Making wet storage dry? SeaArk ZX180

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plasticmotif

Reaction score
I don't fish in the rain much, but when I do - I'm almost always dealing with a little bit of mildew in my boxes. My boat's storage leaks pretty badly. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep the water out?

The inside of my storage bins doesn't have a lip around the edge. It's just straight carpet. I've thought about riveting in a thin rubber seal, but I don't know.

Any help from owners of a ZX180 or people with similar problems would be appreciated!

Not familiar w/ your boat but sounds similar to my Tracker PT175 with full carpet, no lips on the storage compartments. A rubber seal probably won't help much unless you remove the carpet or a portion of the carpet because the rain water will seep into the compartments via the carpet. The carpet is folded over and glued to the underside of the compartment lids/openings on my boat, so I'm making that assumption.

I bought some WM plastic tub containers that would fit under my seats to keep everything dry, and much easier to remove if/when the compartments get wet. I'm lucky enough to have enclosed storage for my boat so I can remove everything and leave the lids open, and turn on a couple fans to help things dry. Poor design, but you can speed the drying process by keeping the stuff in plastic bins and they are easy to remove, so things dry out faster.

if its just condensation,try dryz air and some dessicant.i use it in my camper when its sitting over winter and it sucks moisture out of the air.

Latest posts