March 11 potomac river (were else)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slim357

Reaction score
This morning me and buddy hit a creek off the potomac river. The day started out great for me, landing 3 fish fairly quickly on a spinnerbait. All 3 fish came off the same type of cover and off the same side, I though I had em patterned but damnd if I got another bite on the sb. My buddy was strugglin to stay free of all the snags was about ready to call it quits, instead he tied on a fluke, and started dead sticking it. I started flippin a jig and caught 2 more. As soon as the sun got up some we started sight fishing, and gettin bit on the fluke, sadly I only had 3 with me #-o, and my buddy ripped one in half, and went for a second just when a fish smashed mine, I set the hook and the line popped. I tried fishing the ripped up one nose rigged on a drop shot hook, then tried wacky, no takers. Between us we had 9 fish, I had 7 of them but missed a few others. Highlight off the day was getting a bite fishing a fluke on top just off the bank, setting the hook and watching the fish come flying at me at least 4 ft outa the water and somehow it still didnt get hooked.
3-11-10-1.jpg

^big fish/ first fish of the day taken on a spinnerbait
3-11-10-2.jpg

^close second caught on a jig, check out his bug eyes (I dont think Ive ever seen a 3 to 3.5lber with eyes so big)

It must be spring cuase Slim is catching (as always)

**** dude - you are ripping lips on that river all the time now!

I gotta take a drive and fish with you

Any sign of those striped critters?

only one stripped fish caught so far, while crappy fishing a few weeks ago, its gonna pick up soon in another creek though.

=D> =D> =D> WTG.......Gotta love the ole Sb bite in early spring.......And ya can't ever go wrong with a fluke......................JIGGY

Latest posts