Massacre at lake Lee!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassAddict

Reaction score
Saturday was the absolute best day of fishing myself, Joe and most likely our host Walt has ever had. The day started at 6am and by the time we stopped for ice, coffee, snacks, got the boat launched and motored to the fishing grounds it was about 6:45-7am. The day started off fast with Joe having 2 in the boat before we knew it. As me and Walt (ok more Walt then me :lol: ) tried figuring out why the live well wasn't working. But after a few minutes of fiddling with things and no results we decided to dump our catch and postpone our plans for a fish fry. As Joe kept reeling em in, I tied on a popper and wound up with my first popper bass, sry no pictures of that one, in the excitement I forgot I had my camera on me. Not long after that the bite just died under threatening skys. We then motored around a bit looking for a productive spot and tying on different baits, but it wasent long before the bite started again when Walt came up with one. Before long we all had swimbaits on which they were absolutely inhaling. Here is my swimbait bass:

IMG_0732.JPG

Me and Walt continued with swimbaits with mediocre success, i think Walt boated 4 or 5 including a 7-8lb bowfin and me having a few come unbuttoned. In the mean time Joe keeps reeling em in, him not being satisfied ties on a white spinner and that's where the insanity started! It seams cast after cast either Joe or Walt had a fish on, Joe counted 8 consecutive casts where he had a fish. I also threw on a spinner with no results on account of barely being able to move my arm enough to reel!! After a long day of cranking I was dog tired and threw on a 10" Ribbon Tail figuring I can fish slow which I got one more on and missed a few fish on half-hearted hook sets:

IMG_0735.JPG

With lightning in the background we headed into shore to wait things out with huge smiles on our faces and thoughts of heading back out if things cleared up, but it wasent long before we all figured why press our luck. As Joe and Walt packed up I stayed in the truck to recoup and soak up some AC which I payed for with some ball busting when I got out to see if I could help :LOL2: (wasent my fault they were done when i got out :roll: ). As we pulled away around 2pm the skys opened which was the perfect end to our perfect day of fishing. Our fish count is a bit foggy but best we can figure is Joe caught the most at 26-28 conservatively, Im thinking its more like 35 himself. Walt 7-9 with biggest catch, and me with 3 in the boat, 4 coming unbuttoned and 4 missed hook sets. All bass caught were in the 1-3lb range with a few pushing 4lbs

Nice! I wish I could say the same for my outing this weekend... Got out there and only caught one fish. They are definitely not in their summer spots anymore. I can confirm this...

WOW - BassAddict is now a bass catcher, never thought I woudl live to see the day

Fear Denny, Mr. Bass, Fear Him =D>

Oh forgot to add everything was caught in 3-5 foot of water, on ANYTHING we threw. Spinners, swimbaits, cranks, poppers, soft plastics and I didnt try it but im assuming live bait would of worked too :lol: :lol: