Modded Jon Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vanbc said:
LOokin good ericzerka24

How did you conect the floor posts to the aluminum floor

Everything is fastened to the seats. The posts just rest on the floor and I used some silicone around each of them once they were all in place.

I couldn't tell you exactly but I think I remember it being somewhere are 3ft. We took it out on the chippewa river a few times last fall before the season ended.
Heres a couple pics from the christening:

bowfishing2.jpg

bowfishing7.jpg

bowfishing1.jpg

Yea. The middle one is a bowfin. I would not eat it if you made me. It's like the rat of the river around my parts.

You know thats a good question! haha I believe they are just a common carp but then again I really have no idea. What I do know is that we have a ton of them! Trinity's right, the middle one is a bowfin, also known as a dogfish.

I would imagine you could eat them but I wouldn't recommend it haha. I have a couple buddies that smoke suckers but I've never attempted it. I have a tough time believing that bottom feeders can taste very good.

Dang dude, very nice job! You've inspired me to start on my Alumacraft. Thanks for posting your work!
oh yeah, was the added weight from the wood any issue with balance?

Well had the boat out a ton lately. The treated wood hasn't caused any problems! Pretty pumped about that. We ended up getting a bass tracker for fishing so this is strictly a bowfishing boat now.

castillobreed said:
Dang dude, very nice job! You've inspired me to start on my Alumacraft. Thanks for posting your work!
oh yeah, was the added weight from the wood any issue with balance?

Well thanks sir! You'll have a good time doing it. Its nice seeing what you can do with a boat. Make sure and take pictures before, during, and after. The added weight actually made it more stable. It doesn't tip as fast as it did when it was much lighter.