my 1436 build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold it for $2,800 on Craigslist

hope to build another soon, this time using an all welded Weldbuilt 1552 with a yamaha 40 tiller

Hey Chevy, I just got a new Tracker 1436 and am looking to do a deck similar to yours from the middle bench to the front. I'm coming from a 14 ft semi-v jon, so I'm no stranger to an unstable boat, but I wanted to get your thoughts on stability with this set up. I use my boat for bass fishing during the summer and duck hunting during the winter. I usually don't have more than 2 people and possibly my GSP dog in the boat. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

my 1436 it was no more tippy on the front deck than standing on the original middle or front benches. i used all aluminum framing & flooring to reduce weight & promote stability. a bass seat would do right nicely on the front of a 1436 decked like mine.

chevyrulz said:
my 1436 it was no more tippy on the front deck than standing on the original middle or front benches. i used all aluminum framing & flooring to reduce weight & promote stability. a bass seat would do right nicely on the front of a 1436 decked like mine.

Thanks, Chevy. I plan on having a pedestal seat up front to use as something to lean on, but don't want it to feel like I'm trying to balance a log on the water. Sounds like it should be fine.