My first alum project (pic heavy)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneckpunk

Reaction score
Let me start this with a big THANK YOU to all on this site for the inspiration, ideas, confidence, instructions, etc. that helped me complete this project. I have been a "lurker" for a long time and have gained so much from you guys so I am going to share the fruits of "our" labors.

This project began in 2008, shortly after I was forced to sell my '95 Fisher SV17-SC to keep a roof over my families head after loosing my job and having my wife laid off. And believe me it was one of the last things to go. Knowing how much I hated not being able to get on the water, a friend and former co-worker said he had an old 12ft alum that had been sitting in his yard for about 5 years that I could have if I hauled it off. He had inherited it and planned on building it but knew nothing about boats and lacked the drive to even touch it. No motor, no trailer, not even sure if it floats, but I jumped at it.

I tried posting individual pics but I guess I have to resize them and not savy enough on computer to figure that one out yet so here is the link to the album.
https://s596.photobucket.com/albums/tt45/redneckpunk_fish/boat%20project%201/

Some major highlights include a 15hp SeaKing my brother-in-law gave me because it wouldnt stay running. New fuel lines, filter and kill switch and she ran like new. I picked up a non working MinnKota 28lb at garage sale for $20 and within 15min I had it running like new as the handle had come off the shaft. I found a ShoreLandr trailer on Craigslist that was in someones field in pieces and banged up for $15. Paint stripped, rivots rebucked, JB on other minor leaks, primed and repainted inside and out. New transom wood cut, glued and sealed. Casting platform up front with hatch and carpet. new carpeted benches. Non-slip floor by way of sand. Bow and stern lights wired through switch panel and into batterey box. Trailer got a new tongue, new tires, new winch, winch stand from recycler, bunk mounts from recycler, new bunks, new light kit, cleaned and painted and homeaid guides from PVC. Probably forgetting something.

Between 2 moves, a divorce, and life I tinkered when I had time. I finally put the finishing touches on it and made a maiden voyage last Dec and continued to fish it all spring and part of this past summer with great results and a great deal of pride.

I recently sold the boat to make room for my next project, a '93 Monark Pro 1900DC deep-v walk through with 115 merc o/b. A big leap but after selling the other this latest one cost me $300. I will try and post progress as it happens this time.